Search results

1. B

Workstation Build Help

Trying to put together a new workstation for myself. I will be using the system for software development using Visual Studio. It will also be used for Lightroom, Photoshop, VM Workstation (to spin up test machines) and all around daily personal use. I don't plan on playing games on this guy...
  2. B

Good for pfSense?

What are the thoughts on getting this to run pfSense on it? Supermicro 2 x L5320 Xeon QC 1 86GHz 8GB RAM 160GB HDD Server Half Depth CA | eBay Only thing I can think of is power draw being to high.
  3. B

New Proposed Server 2012 Build Machine

Hello, I am looking at finally replacing my WHS V1. I am looking for a multi use server and will run Windows Server 2012 w/ Hyper-V role. I plan on creating a VM for WHS 2011 which will run Flexraid. I also would create another VM for Essentials 2012 to play around with that. The main OS...
  4. B

WTB: Intel Dual Port Nic Low Profile Bracket

I am looking for a Intel dual port nic low profile bracket to buy. Anybody have one they want to sell?
  5. B

Anybody try out Storage Spaces?

Has anybody tried Storage Spaces yet? It seems like a great solution for pooling of drives, but I have not been reading good things about it.
  6. B

Difference between IBM M1015 vs M5014?

I figured I would make it's own thread and ask some questions. What is the difference between the M1015 vs M5014? So far I have this from Patrick "The M5104 has 256MB of RAM cache onboard. You would need a BBU to use it as write cache but still can help for read patterns with no BBU. The...
  7. B

NIC with LED chassis connectors

Dumb question (and silly one), but why don't nic cards have chassis led connectors? The norco cases all seem to have front LED for the nics but it seems the only way to use them is by using Supermicro server boards.