Search results

1. S

Canada [WTB] Supermicro Rails MCP-290-00014-00

Sorry, don't believe it will work. I have CSE-PT26L-B.
  2. S

Canada [WTB] Supermicro Rails MCP-290-00014-00

Which 3u case do you have? I'm local to you, I believe I have a pair that might work.
  3. S

Alternative to Sophos UTM

How does AV/Malware/web filtering work? Do you install a local SSL cert from XG? Essentially MITM?
  4. S

SAS SSD 3.3v tape mod = amber light

Thanks. I think i'm going to order some new kapton tape and try again.
  5. S

It took a while as you mentioned. I guess it's impossible to determine if it shifted unless you take it back out. Would it shifting be the reason?
  6. S

I have a U-Nas 810a. The backplane is passthrough with 4pin molex for power. In order to get my Micron SAS SSD to be detected I had to do the 3.3v pin tape trick. The drive is detected, but the activity light is always illuminated amber. I had to the the same on 3 WD drives, but the amber...
  7. S

Lukewarm: eBay: 1TB SSD Intel DC P4500 SSD NVMe PCIe U.2 with ePLP $119 + free ship

Write speed is slow for this drive. Isn't that what you don't want for a cache drive?
  8. S

Source for a hot swap case in Canada?

You can order from ebay to Home - CrossBorder Pickups and pickup in Mississauga for a small fee. You still pay duties, but shipping is generally free or way cheaper if you ship to Buffalo and then use that service. Checkout a case like the Supermicro SC743.
  9. S

TIL: Snapshots. Don't let them get too big!

Long story short. I forgot I had taken a snapshot on a Win Server 2016 VM in esxi. I removed the snapshot forgetting that there is a 6TB disk attached. The VM is relatively low when it comes to IO changes. Just a small file server. It's still is taking forever to remove. 6% in the past 20...
  10. S

Advice needed: Proxmox vs vSphere

Not a fan of Proxmox... I don't find it intuitive at all. It's been a struggle to use it. I've tried and I find it more cumbersome than esxi... I've also been using esxi since v3, so maybe that's why. For production use, I believe esxi being locked down is a much better idea. I just can't get...
  11. S

Supermicro PSU "Backplate"? ATX Wont fit

This cant be specific to just the SC733 because I have a 4u case with the same issue... The PSU location has no backing to it. The included PSU attaches via side and back screws. I need to replace the PSU with something else, but cant attach... Is there a solution to this?
  12. S

EU Baytech RPC-3A Remote Power Control @ Ebay 35 Euro

I hooked up the ethernet port and used Wireshark to view broadcasts. Once I had it's IP I was able to change it via Telnet.
  13. S

EU Baytech RPC-3A Remote Power Control @ Ebay 35 Euro

I have one of these that i'm not using. I believe you can telnet into it and setup through there, not just by serial cable. I stopped using it because of the power draw, also due to the fact that I never actually used it remotely. I'm in the middle of a move, but if someone happens to be in...
  14. S

Power Question

Wrong. Close though. Use the two pins to the left of that
  15. S

Power Question

It should be the two pins far right on the top going hirizontal if you're looking at the mobo writing properly. Unplug that pcie USB riser card you had plugged in. Nothing works until you short those pins or plug in a proper switch. Maybe have someone locally look at it before ordering a new one?
  16. S

Power Question

Won't work with that PSU. You'll need to use that mining one as a supplementary PSU for gfx. o_O Hopefully your motherboard isn't shot from the wrong connection.
  17. S

FS: mITX Silent ESX Homelab, 10GB Switch & NAS Case

Do you know the power consumption on the itx setup? (Just one)
  18. S

Cheap Supermicro X9DRi motherboards

I meant the seller mr rackables
  19. S

Cheap Supermicro X9DRi motherboards

What's wrong with them?