Search results

1. D

WTB: Cloudspeed Eco II 1.92TB (3 needed) $175/ea

I bought 10 of these for my file server originally for $150/ea (I missed out on the $125/ea listing sadly, I would have bought a lot at that price), I figured with the mediocre drive performance and the large number available that I would have a good source of drives for quite a while. Now I...
  2. D

Warning about LSI/Avago/Broadcom controllers (and other hardware) in ESXi

I have to be careful about what I say here, but if you read between the lines here I think you will understand what I'm getting at: VMware plans to deprecate vmkLinux APIs and associated driver ecosystem - VMware vSphere Blog So anything without a native vSphere driver ***MAY*** not working in...
  3. D

Best place to buy Mikrotik S+RJ10?

I recently learned about this S+RJ10 copper SFP+ module and it has changed my plans for adding 10gb networking to my two workstations. I already bought the cards (intel x540-T1) and I already have the switch (Quanta LB6M), I just need the S+RJ10 modules now but they seem really hard to find...
  4. D

WTB: 10x 600GB 10k/15k 2.5" drives

Topic says it all, looks like about $43/ea is the going rate on ebay, let me know if you can do better! Not too concerned about brand.
  5. D

Chassis with 1.8" drive bays?

Does anyone know if there are generic (ATX/EATX) rack mount cases with 1.8" drive bays? Or even adapters to go from something like 1x 5.25" to 6-8x 1.8" bays? I know there are adapters that let you use these drives in 2.5" bays, but I would like to be able to have them more dense than that...
  6. D

FS - IBM BladeCenter E chassis and HS21/HS21xm blades

I'm crazy enough to be running an IBM BladeCenter in my house... Recently I managed to pick up a BladeCenter H chassis and a bunch of HS22 blades, so it's time to offload some stuff. This had no problem running vSphere 6 even though it's no longer on the HCL. IBM BladeCenter E (8677) Chassis -...