Search results

1. B

Want to set up 10Gb Home Network - need advice

NIC's with dac cables if they reach. That's what I did before with 2 workstations to the server. The WS had single port NIC's, the server had dual ports. The transceivers are for use with the fiber cable. I'm not too sure on voltages and that stuff of fiber vs DAC's. The DAC's have the...
  2. B

Want to set up 10Gb Home Network - need advice

I've gotten these transceivers to work with this fiber cable (just pick length) from my workstation to the Quanta L6BM switch. From there using something similar to these DAC cables to the server. Haven't dug too much on the hackintosh side (dual boot with Win 10) but the Intel x520 work great...
  3. B

Not getting the turbo bin numbers i was expecting for my e5-2686 v3

How are you checking the cpu speed? I thought I wasn't getting the turbo bins myself looking at task manager, but in core temp it shows correctly, I think. My power options are set to high performance at the moment.
  4. B

IPC Difference in generations of chips?

I wasn't saying it was a successor to the 2670v1. I was using them in my workstation, and in some apps it was painfully slow especially in the single threaded parts. I agree they're still a good processor so I made them part of my render farm [emoji16]. One day my "farm" will retire when I can...
  5. B

IPC Difference in generations of chips?

I have a pair of 2667v2 in a Z9PE-D8 WS. The point cloud apps I use make use of all cores, while some CAD apps need the single core speed. I found it's a good mix for a workstation vs a render node. If it was a pure render node, I would definitely go with more cores. Definitely an upgrade to the...