Search results

1. T

Fan speed on S2600CP

I got a S260CP from natex. When I first started using it, I left it with whatever settings they had it on, which worked fine. After doing FRUSDR the fans were very quiet. I finally got a video card (GTX 950) and have been trying to get kvm with GPU passthrough working. In the process I got into...
  2. T

Minimum RAM for dual CPU system?

I have a S2600CP on the way from Natex. Once it arrives I should have everything for my dual 2670 build, except for the 32GB of memory, which is on its way from Hong Kong, and I expect will take quite a bit longer to arrive. I'm thinking about buying a couple sticks of dirt cheap 1GB ECC...
  3. T

Now a particularly good time to buy registered memory?

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum; didn't see one for memory. While researching for my E5 2670 workstation build, I've seen it mentioned at least once that registered RAM is relatively cheap right now. Looking on ebay, it does appear that 4GB modules (usually not registered from what I can...
  4. T

Dual E5 2670 workstation motherboard recommendation

I'll be using the system for a wide range of tasks, including programming, data processing, VR/AR development, gaming, CAD, and video transcoding. My initial plan was to go with a S2600CP from Natex. I had some concerns about the lack of PCIE 16x, but from doing a little research it sounds like...
  5. T

Phanteks Phentoo Tower case for SSI EEB motherboards

Not necessarily what I would consider a "great" deal, but for any considering building a workstation with one of the Natex S2600CP bundles, the Phentoo is one of the only tower cases that I've found at a good price. Today's the last day to get it for $99 + $7.00 shipping - $10 rebate at...