Search results

1. N

WTB: nVidia Grid K2 and/or system

Looking for a Grid K2 card and/or a system wrapped around it (Dell would be preferred). Trying to do some Grid type VDI based learning and PoC internally at work, and need something without a retail price attached to give it a whirl and possibly resell back in 4-8 months into the market...
  2. N

Canada 960gb OCZ Intrepid 3700 eMLC $210 CAD

OCZ SSD IT3RSK41ET5G0-0960 Intrepid 3700 Series 960GB 2.5" SATAIII eMLC 9.2mm - I don't hear a lot of talk about OCZ SSD's around here. But this seems to check a lot of the right boxes. Works out to about $162USD for a TB of eMLC good for 1 DWPD from what I can tell. A little low on the...
  3. N

NewEgg.CA - Refurbished SV843 960GB SSD

Refurbished: SAMSUNG Data Center Series SV843 2.5" 960GB SATA III V1 MLC VNAND Enterprise Solid State Drive - Certified Refurbished - Newegg.ca $239 CAD and $10 with code (+ $10 off w/ promo code 0513CAFREMTE22, limited offer) $177 USD or so, for a 960GB, read intensive bias (only 14000 4K...
  4. N

KVM/KVMoverIP recommendations

I know many folks prefer to use IPMI if it's included and save the expense. But if you needed a rack based KVM - with or without IP, which is the one that works best for Home Lab type usage? (read: Cheap on eBay, doesn't need licenses to activate, doesn't have pods that cost more than the...
  5. N

Anyone using Fortinet stuff?

Just figured I'd see who out here might also be using Fortinet equipment. Saw some older posts, but many of them seem to be 1-2 years old, and didn't seem like the right place to be throwing up new threads. Recently picked up a pair of FortiWiFi-80CM's cheap, and have been pretty impressed...
  6. N

H700 in SM846 with SAS2-EL backplane issues

Maybe someone can give me a hand, I'm banging my head on this, and I'm missing something. Have a Dell C2100 with PERC H700 with dual cables connected to the C2100 backplane. Now have a X8DTE-F/SM846 with a SAS2-EL1 backplane. Having grief getting ANY drives seen. Unit shipped with a LSI...
  7. N

WTB: Broadcom 10GbE Dual Brackets

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a half dozen or so Broadcom BCM57712 dual 10GbE SFP+ port tall/standard brackets? Got low profile, need the taller ones for the systems they're going into. Looks like they MAY be the same as a Mellanox ConnectX-2 (MNPH29C-XTR) or so (though it is...
  8. N

WTB: LSI based RAID controller

Looking for something RAID6 capable for using in an Intel SR2612UR. I'm sure an IBM 5015, Dell H700, LSI 9260'ish would all work. Server has an internal SFF-8087 on the midplane, so even a 4 port/1 connector card should work fine. Would prefer it to have BBU or CacheGuard, and not be in IT...
  9. N

pfSense virtualized and high availability

I was hoping someone here with some pfSense experience could help me with some understanding as I go to try something out in my home lab. I'm looking to see if I can't reduce some physical equipment (and thus U space, power, cooling, etc) and go with a virtual only firewall solution. In my...
  10. N

C6100 Mezzanine Slot - Missing?

Hey does anyone out there know what I can do or look for to fix a compatibility issue? I have the C6100 chassis and all is working fine. Ordered up some X53DF 2pt 10GbE cards so I could go that route and ... found out that there's the riser card slot, but there is no 'slot' for the rear of the...
  11. N

Flash repair on Dell PowerConnect 8024F

Don't suppose anyone might know how to fix the onboard flash on a PC8024F? When I go into the hidden maintenance menu and get it to format the flash, it gets to the end and then fails, then retries, fails and reboots. I've done a post on how to do fixes on the PC62xx but the same fixes aren't...
  12. N

Brocade CNA's

Anyone have any experience with Brocade 1020 CNA's? I've found some sources for picking them up as cheap as $90 each, which seems pretty good for a 2 port 10GbE capable NIC. Best I can tell it looks like they require an _active_ SFP+ TwinAx cable to be inexpensive, likely Brocade branded for...