Search results

1. A

Supermicro 836 Caddy has steady Blue LED

I have a Supermicro 836 that has one caddy that has a steady blue light. I've tried searching for what this means, but can't seem to find it. [/url] It doesn't matter if the caddy has a hard drive in it or not, the blue light is on and steady. The backplane is a SAS2-836EL1. All other...
  2. A

My Home Network Is An Unorganized Mess...Please Help

Well, it's not unorganized, but it's semi-organized at best. I tinker with it, so it's grown and grown over the past couple years and I've just kind of added stuff here and there. I built a pfSense machine with 4 ethernet ports. One for WAN and one for my 192.168.1.X LAN. On the other two...
  3. A

10GbE Setup

I'm a networking noob and I'm just messing around with my home setup. I just bought a Netgear XS712T 12 port copper switch for fairly cheap. I have an Intel X540-T1 card in my main Windows 10 desktop and Chelsio T420-BT cards in my unRaid server and my FreeNAS server. I'm running pfSense and...
  4. A

Supermicro "-B" "-O" and other designations

I'm looking at getting an X10 motherboard for an upcoming build and I'm unable to find what the last designation means that are found on a lot of supermicro boards. Some have it, some don't. They look the same to me, but many times the prices are a little bit different. Anyone know?