Search results

1. I

WTB: Pair of Intel Xeon E5-2670 v2

If anyone has a pair of these or higher model laying around they're not planning on using please let me know your offer. I'm on a limited budget. Thanks!
  2. I

Windows 2016 DNS issue with client

Thanks! You're quite right! I realized what I did wrong after I post it this question here. I'll have to delegate the DHCP to the server or just change the DNS from the router to reflect the new server.
  3. I

Windows 2016 DNS issue with client

So I've installed ESXi 6.5 into my server and made a VM for my windows 2016 domain server. Everything seemed to have gone well and the domain was promoted. When I tried to join the the domain with a client it couldn't find the domain so still with the client I did an nslookup to the domain...
  4. I

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Thanks for sharing that info. Did you also update the FRUSDR? According to user Spanky34 on reddit.com/r/homelab/ the instructions below were followed but he did not update the FRUSDR. BMC Firmware Update Bios Update ME Firmware Update FRUSDR Update I didn't touch the FRUSDR stuff. My...
  5. I

Thank you Spritz for taking the time to make the step by step instructions for resetting the BMC. Unfortunately I found no profit or joy with quieting the fans. I wanted to give it one last shot before exchanging the board because intel has indicated that there may be an issue with the BMC.
  6. I

Can you describe step by step as to what you did? I may try that in my system to see if it will fix the issue with the fans.
  7. I

I don't understand why they make firmware update so complicated. I've used Dell servers and it's the easiest thing to update using the lifecycle controller.
  8. I

I tried to reflash the firmware and it was unsuccessful. in the FRU, I filled out the chassis part no., serial number, product part no, and serial number. It never asked about the motherboard and serial number. In the system info section those 2 pieces of information are missing. I suspect...
  9. I

I don't remember FRUSDR asking anything about the fans. It just asked if I wanted to fill in the info for the chassis as well as info for the motherboard? I guess I'll try to reflash it again and take my time filling in all the information.
  10. I

You can feel free to try and flash the firmware but I think it's relevant that you should also weigh the risk from my own experience. Maybe I'm just unlucky that this has happened even though I followed the direction to the letter when I flashed the bios.
  11. I

I did option 3 and also did a factory reset on the bios. I even used the jumper to do the reset and nothing worked to bring down the RPM on the fans. Flashing to the previous version of the firmware also did not work. I basically can't use it since it's so loud so I'm waiting for intel to...
  12. I

Whatever you do, don't update the firmware! I updated my r2312GL4GS and the fans are spinning at over 5K rpm. :( It was super quiet before I did the update.
  13. I

Intel R2312GL4GS fan stuck in high RPM after firmware update

Earlier I was having issue with the Raid controller not being able to be access with this server but managed to get into the raid controller in the R2312GL4GS server and created a disk. I installed windows and then went ahead and updated the firmware using the EFI shell. After the the firmware...
  14. I

So I managed to get into the raid controller in the R2312GL4GS server and created a disk. I installed windows and then went ahead and updated the firmware using the EFI shell. After the the firmware update, the fans are spinning at 5000+ rpm whereas before they were spinning at around 2400...
  15. I

Do you get a prize for being the 1st to post in page 100? :D
  16. I

Thanks! I ended up finding it. I just had to disable silent mode and it took out the giant Intel picture. I was expecting the SAS raid to initialize much later but it seems that both the built in raid and the raid card both initialize at the very beginning of the boot process.
  17. I

I need some help from people who purchased the Intel R2312GL4GS server and the Intel RMS25KB080 raid card. For the life of me I can't figure how to access the raid card's menu to create a raid drive. I can see the card in the mass storage area when I get into bios by pressing F2, but it's not...
  18. I

For those that ordered the R2312GL4GS system. How loud is it?
  19. I

How loud is the Intel R2312GZ4GS9 Server system 2U Rack, Socket R New Bulk Packaging V2 Tech?