Search results

1. P

supermicro h11dsi the fans are not starting

Is the IPMI enabled? On my system (an X10) there's a jumper on the motherboard. Mine was disabled when I got it.. but my fans were on full-bore ... unlike yours.
  2. P

A question or two about a Supermicro CSE-113 chassis...

Hi all.. So I've got a new-to-me Supermicro CSE-113 with a supermicro X11SSW-F motherboard. Currently the chassis has one PSU only.. and I've also got a PCI slot bracket missing where I removed a 4-port ethernet card. I'm just wondering about where I can get a properly sized PCI slot "blank"...
  3. P

After updating BIOS to latest version, X11SSW-F motherboard won’t boot my 4TB NVMe drive…

Ok.. well.. that wasn’t what I was expecting.. I relocated the machine to where I could have two network drops (for IPMI and for the TrueNAS webservices) and the thought crossed my mind that perhaps the VGA cable was a little loose (I didn’t bother screwing the connector in place).. and so when...
  4. P

After updating BIOS to latest version, X11SSW-F motherboard won’t boot my 4TB NVMe drive…

Yeah.. You know what? I’ve got a 2nd VGA only screen (an older HP “pro” series) that I got a while back and I can try that. Although the screen I’m using now (that isn’t working) is an HP also and it’s got VGA, HDMI and Display Port ports on the bottom.. I’d think that it ought to be able to...
  5. P

No GPU installed.. just the stuff built into the motherboard… I’ve got a separate card I can put in… I’ll play with it more this afternoon.. (it’s at my office)
  6. P

By the way.. the VGA is no longer working for the connected screen .. I can only see what’s going on using the IPMI KVM stuff.. is there a setting In the BIOS to get the VGA working again? It briefly comes up initially at power-on showing the Supermicro name in blue & red but after that nothing...
  7. P

Awesome! Thanks So so so much @RolloZ170 !! It’s working fine now.. I’m sure there may be other things that I’ll need assistance with but for the moment all is well! Your assistance is much appreciated!!
  8. P

So earlier today as some of you know already I updated the BIOS on my machine from 1.0a to 3.0 and that went fine but now my NVMe drive is no longer bootable. I’ve tried the various settings in the boot menu and nothing seems to be working. I have it set to use UEFI (no legacy) and have...
  9. P

Getting my X11SSW-F motherboard (in a CSE-113 chassis) updated for BIOS, BMC, etc…

Ok.. that didn’t work.. I still get the same message even after TrueNAS installed without issue. I guess something else needs some TLC somewhere.
  10. P

Getting my X11SSW-F motherboard (in a CSE-113 chassis) updated for BIOS, BMC, etc…

I might just reinstall TrueNAS since I hadn’t done any config changes to it yet.. maybe I’ll try that
  11. P

Ok.. It refuses to boot using my NVMe drive that has TrueNAS on it and was working fine with the old BIOS.. Any ideas on what to check? I’ve got UEFI booting enabled and have selected the UEFI Hard Drive as the first device to boot from. It says in the end : Reboot and Select proper Boot...
  12. P

Ok .. BIOS update seemed to get done and the machine is going through the cycles of turning off/on .. I think it’s done it 3-4 times now after I power-cycled the chassis when the BIOS update was complete.
  13. P

Yeah.. my IPMI has that feature but asked me for a license key.. sounds like someone has figured out how to get around that on older systems perhaps.. I’m about to update the BIOS. I finally got the USB stick with DOS on it to boot — had to enable Legacy mode for booting Otherwise it refused...
  14. P

Thanks for that.. I’m ok with using the latest. I was able to get the BMC updated from 2.27 to 4.07 without issue. It’s happy and looks a bit different .. I’m trying to get the memory stick to boot up now with the DOS and so forth.. We’ll see what happens here shortly.
  15. P

Thanks! I’ve downloaded the respective BIOS’ from the support page for the board I’ve got and the release notes indicate that so I’m going to assume it should go as expected. I’ll see about upgrading probably from within IPMI as that seems easiest — at least at this point
  16. P

So I got this 1U server a few days ago and am going through the process of loading software on it and playing with it to see if it’s working properly. I just got the BMC enabled (the jumper was set to disabled) and the fans are now behaving properly and I got logged into the IPMI with the...