Search results

1. jdartnet

FS: Intel S2600CP2J, Dual Xeon E5-2670, 128 DDR3 Workstation/Server

Whoa, you're rocking both the 2690 & 2667? I will keep my eyes open for a potential upgrade. Thanks for the suggestion!
  2. jdartnet

I gotta be honest, soon as I read your comment with an upgrade I hit up google/eBay to see what I could dig up. You present a very tempting plan to upgrade. My biggest concern these days is single core performance, and maybe efficiency. As you may know, After Effects has had multi-processing...
  3. jdartnet

I'm actually downsizing. Since we moved, my studio space is rather tiny and I no longer need this beast sitting around. Also, I'm working more and more onsite and no longer produce as much from my studio. The suggestion to upgrade to v2 is a great idea, though!
  4. jdartnet

This system has served me well as a spare render machine for 3D/VFX projects, and lately it's being used less and less. It's been sitting mostly idle for the last 10 months. Asking for $800, buyer pays shipping. My build was well documented on this forum: Intel s2600cp Dual Xeon 2670 3D / VFX...
  5. jdartnet

Intel s2600cp Dual Xeon 2670 3D / VFX Rendering Node

Yes, I completely understand your dilemma. I ran into the same issue when I building this one for a similar use. Here's a thought to bring it all back to reality: For the money, I can't think of any other build that will bring you this level of computing. That being said, the goal becomes to...
  6. jdartnet

This is interesting. To be honest, I'd have to check how many show up since I manage it without KB&M. Yes, I was disappointed by the sleep, as well. Although not surprised since it's sleeping 2 procs and several sticks of ram. Usually I keep it off, unless I'm using it to render projects.
  7. jdartnet

Hi, The issue with this setup for your GPU requirements, is that 4 GPU will not work in this motherboard. If you look closely at the 8x PCI-e ports, only 2 (the blue ones) are open to allow a 16x card fit in there. The others are closed. My guess is the most high performance GPUs that will fit...
  8. jdartnet

Seems to me that the issue on your end may be on the Windows side. If S3 is showing up, that's a sign that it's enabled and working from the bios. In my case, prior to updating and disabling the onboard video, my S3 wouldn't even show up. Windows 10 has too many unstable variables currently...
  9. jdartnet

Yes, I noticed that as well! In my case, a speedy pci-e was not a priority and it was key I had working sleep. I hope it isn't a case where we'll have to make a choice of one over the other :( Also, out of curiosity, have you benchmarked the pci-e to see if it's downgraded? Forgive me for...
  10. jdartnet

Yes, the sleep function is normal. Everything powers off, and the light on the power buttons blinks to notify of a the sleep state.
  11. jdartnet

@wildpig1234, I gotta tell you, please read in detail what I've posted early in this thread. I've mentioned that I'm running the firmware and bios from June, 2015. While I understand you're frustrated in getting this setup to work, taking a moment to read through information goes a very long...
  12. jdartnet

Just replied to your PM. To keep the conversation open, and help the public, make sure to read the instructions on post #5. It seems you need to update the BIOS to the one I mentioned as well as disable on board video. The culprit with sleep in the onboard video, since it keeps the motherboard...
  13. jdartnet

Ah! That makes sense. I was scratching my head looking for that famous "system fan 7" I kept seeing on the FRU/SDR update.
  14. jdartnet

At first, I used the HUB, but then went straight to the headers. The more I read about it, the less I liked the idea of running all fans from one header. Plus the added benefit of using the headers is motherboard control of each each fan separately.
  15. jdartnet

I'd imagine a 970 would fit nicely. My only concern would be with the top 8x slot, since it comes really close to the memory slots at the end of it, although I've not tried it.
  16. jdartnet

You're right on the money there. Those items are on my to-do list. In my excitement to post progress and share what I've learned, I posted a work-in-progress photo. Those two cables are eyesores!
  17. jdartnet

Check out my idle fans below. Taken from HWiNFO
  18. jdartnet

For the remaining options, I just put No. For ramp speed, I put it on slow, although I am considering redoing it and setting it to medium, since I noticed on my system it gets close to 80c before fans really kick in. I discovered this while using Prime95 to stress the system.