Search results

1. T

Used SM863 slow write performance issue

Hmmm, that sucks that it doesn't show up, I don't have any suggestions since it worked for me. I never did anything secific as far as I know, I believe the HBA has always been using SATA 3.0
  2. T

PM863 FW File

Just wanted to cross post for discoverability, I successfully updated an SM863 (MZ7KM960HAHP00D6, not the …D3 one) from firmware GB32 to GB57 at the cost of 256 reallocated sectors/blocks. The update fixed slow write speed (presumably the endurance management issue). The other SMART information...
  3. T

Success (at a cost)! I followed the approach EBLEND suggests and it worked. Note that I only had one of the relevant drives installed at the time so all results are definitely for it: Take Dell firmware update software, in my case GB57, and download the Windows EXE. Extract the EXE, resulting...
  4. T

Thanks for the input everyone, I'll update with what I end up trying and the results! @mmk, good to know, I might try and change some of the files in the Windows .exe based on the EBLEND link to get around the model/HW ID check if I can't find any official firmware.
  5. T

I just tried using the linked Windows executable even with the mismatched versions, but sadly it picks up on this and doesn't do anything.
  6. T

Hi mmk, thanks for your response, I see from this post you're the one to ask about this :) Indeed my drives are on firmware GB32. However, I seem to have MZ7KM960HAHP00D6 drives. I see this other post someone else had these but they never reported back. In the fist post, the mentioned solution...
  7. T

Hi all, I'm new to self hosting, so I hope I'm providing relevant information for my issue! I just got some used SM863's off of eBay, and in the course of testing them, I keep getting very low write speeds. The SMART data says that they've been powered on for 60k hours, but only have 2% wear...