Search results

1. M

Motherboard choice - Asus P10S-M vs Supermicro X11SSH-F

Basically what the title says, I'm looking to decide between these two motherboards for my upcoming NAS build: P10S-M-DC | Servers & Workstations | ASUS Global X11SSH-F | Motherboards | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc. The issue I have with these boards is more on the amount of pci-e...
  2. M

Newbie looking to get into the server world.

Good morning/afternoon/evening reader, whatever applies when you're seeing this! I've been considering building a new machine to offer a NAS service for my important data and while I feel that I have sufficient knowledge in setting up the required software, I'd also like to know what else I...
  3. M

Asus Z10PE-D8 WS/D16 WS successor?

Basically what's written in the title. I was curious since I intend to build a dual-socket low powered storage server sometime in the future, and with all of these new Broadwell-E motherboards coming out, I was curious if the Xeon E5-26xxv4 would get some dedicated server motherboards. So is...
  4. M

Usefulness of a second-hand Dell Poweredge R610?

Dell Poweredge Rack Server R610 Basically I was browsing for parts to build a cheap home server, and I stumbled upon this. Usually I like building my own machines but this seems like too good an offer to pass upon, especially for someone who's still new to this networking/server stuff. Spec...
  5. M

NAS/Router build list

Hey everyone! This will be my first time posting so I hope I'm welcome, and thanks in advance for any advice you offer. Recently I was looking into the computer/networking field and I was quite curious and amazed to see what can be achieved. As I was researching into NAS builds and router...