Search results

1. B

Dell Compellent SC200 disk shelf (Individual Drive LEDs not working) (how to identify drives in which bay)

UPDATE....:oops: So I rebuilt my ZFS drive and wouldn't you know it.... the lights are on but they don't show drive activity....well other than the one drive.... sigh... does this mean I need to look at sdparm now? my head hurts.. so much esoteric information. UPDATE 2 Sadly, not that it was...
  2. B

Dell Compellent SC200 disk shelf (Individual Drive LEDs not working) (how to identify drives in which bay)

Oh man, I did it.....:eek: that took me several days... geez let's hope it survives a reboot So I used Minicom e.g. minicom -D /dev/ttyS1 -s I made sure I used Fohdeesha's settings of 38400-8-n-1 plus software flow control then Taa Daa Lockfile is stale. Overriding it.. Welcome to minicom 2.8...
  3. B

Well some small progress... Continuing on with the sg_ses command I was able to turn on the amber LED (ident LED) lights for each drive which means sg_ses could be the tool for me. example: root@truenas[~]# sg_ses --index=0,0 --set=ident /dev/sg14 root@truenas[~]# sg_ses --index=0,1 --set=ident...
  4. B

I have found some new commands: lsscsi -g root@truenas[~]# lsscsi -g [0:0:0:0] disk SEAGATE ST3000NM0023 GE09 /dev/sda /dev/sg2 [0:0:1:0] disk SEAGATE ST33000650SS RS0D /dev/sdc /dev/sg3 [0:0:2:0] disk WD WD3001FYYG D1R5 /dev/sdd /dev/sg4...
  5. B

New update, I was having no luck with using sdparm, even with the drives that did have working lights (e.g. could I turn the LED off), so I did a test. I pulled the drive (after I shutdown the OS) with the working LED and swapping around a drive with not working LED. The result was the...
  6. B

This is great information thanks, it allowed me to narrow things down, but I am still having problems. I have posted some more results, when you have some free time could you take a look and see if you can spot something I am doing wrong or not understanding. many thanks
  7. B

Hi thanks for the great feedback, it never even occurred to me it might be an HDD setting. Unfortunately no joy with the setting command, it did help me with more things to research and so I have more information: If I run "lsscsi" root@truenas[~]# lsscsi [0:0:0:0] disk SEAGATE...
  8. B

Hello all, first time posting so please forgive some of my transgressions, some feedback on what I could do better would be greatly appreciated. I have more or less successfully configured a Dell SC200 to work in Truenas. However, I had one sata drive (since replaced with a sas drive)...