Search results

1. O

Looking for server build recommendations.

I know everyone is different but I normally find it easy to find stuff when i know what i am looking for. When i was reading your posts I had the thought that you do not really know what you are looking for and i guess that's why you came here. Hmmm if I were you I would really try to define...
  2. O

Received new RAM in an plastic anti-static bag - thoughts?

Thanks for all the replies - you guys have convinced me to just hold on to them and forget about it :)
  3. O

ah, you might need to select everything below that tdp aswell or if you just select CPU type and then you can use a 35w cpu if you choose... edit: i just re-read the above, its not super clear. Do you know what i meant?
  4. O

i don't think it's so hard to search, in your case i would check the links above and on the filters select UP (uni processor) and TDP up to 45w and also uatx and see what your left with. Search a couple of models on Idealo.com. See what fits in your budget. There should be something!
  5. O

I thought they were big... ish Yep - like you I have been happy with them for all my past purchases with them. No they definitley weren't B grade, I ordered two of these: Samsung DDR4 16 GB DIMM 288-PIN 2666 MHz / PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTD I'll just send them back, I am not in a rush so I'll...
  6. O

Thanks for the info Evan. Just took it out of the packet and although a bit hard to see it does look as though they have been inserted. Not sure if this was just from QA testing but I think I'll send them back. I have "the seed of doubt", so they're tainted now :) I'm probably crazy, but better...
  7. O

Any budget or size restrictions? Also surprised that TV card cannot be used in an virtual environment... Could run a Supermicro C246/C242 board with a 35w Core i3 8300T? Server Boards | Super Micro Computer, Inc. Or a Atom C3000 board? Embedded / IoT Boards | Super Micro Computer, Inc. If...
  8. O

Hi Everyone, Just wondering if anyone else received new RAM sticks that are apparantly new and un-used that were loosly put in a pink plastic anti-static bag? Just one per bag. I have never received RAM like this - it should come in the normal semi rigid plastic holder with transparent plastic...
  9. O

Intel Optane Memory – 3D XPoint for Client Workloads Launched

I thought the point of Optane was extremely low latency and increased write endurance (edit: I missed it - 3 DWPD (32GB) / 6 DWPD (16GB))? I find it strange that there were no mention of either of those...
  10. O

12 and 16 core Intel Xeon D are the official TDPs 45W?

Any chance of getting one in for a review Patrick? I am sure everyone would like to see it ;)
  11. O

12 and 16 core Intel Xeon D are the official TDPs 45W?

Have you guys seen this? Super Micro Computer, Inc. Products - Server Systems based on Intel® Xeon®-D processors They list the 16 Core D-1587 as 65w. No frequencies mentioned though. Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X10SDV-7TP8F Want Want Want! (Pic is wrong though).