Search results

1. S

Bestbuy - WD 8tb $130

Do you guys have a real business (with real EIN) or just use your SSN to create a business account?
  2. S

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

Mine two showed up today. I got from Alex_Sari. The package is really good. Individually boxed in plastic shell. Form insulation. Then bubble wrap. The pins are somewhat dirty. Hadn't got a chance to clean up with medical swab yet. I can see a minor scratch on several contact points. Hope it's...
  3. S

HPE ProLiant Microserver Gen10 $175

Mine is cancelled. This is the email. Pleased to meet you digitally. I manage the orders through the HPE Marketplace where Insight fulfillment is selected. I am reaching out to let you know that we will have to unfortunately cancel this order. This item is no longer available as “new” and it...
  4. S

Finally got a decent deal for two from Alex_Sari. I learned about the 10% ebay coupon from another post 3 days ago, saw Alex's listing for 5 extra at $149 a piece (probably from some of the returns??? hope not!). Offered and counter-offered and accepted at $140 piece, waited 2 extra days...
  5. S

Can anyone share a good method to clean the dirty contact pins?
  6. S

E5-2680 v2 for $144 shipped. qty > 10 right now

Yeah, after one bought 20. I had 2 in cart and went out to dinner when it was $144. Came home to check out. $154. Dang.
  7. S

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

They are indeed Inventec B800. I have been running one for slightly more than 1 year with ESXi and they are rock solid. I got my board from the same ebay seller. They are very decent and good to do business with. I reached out the engineer in Taiwan for an updated BIOS but they simply didn't...
  8. S

Newegg via Ebay: *Refurbished* SAMSUNG Data Center Series SV843 2.5" 960GB SSD

I got 2. Like others have found, these 2 were totally new with 0 GB written.
  9. S

Newegg: *Refurbished* SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 960GB 7mm SATAIII SSD - $158 Shipped

From the PDF that @aero linked, the DWPD is still rated per 3 year service life. That made the SV843 a better deal for 5 years life span. Endurance (Random/Sequential Workload) CloudSpeed Eco SATA SSD 1-3 DWPD (Random/Sequential Workload) for 3 years
  10. S

Newegg: *Refurbished* SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 960GB 7mm SATAIII SSD - $158 Shipped

How would these compare to Samsung's refurb currently on sale for $170?
  11. S

Sun Oracle F80 800GB PCIe Flash Accelerator 7069200 LSI WarpDrive 6203 $195 + FS

I put 2 @ $158 and I think the seller wanted to sell all three at once. My time of offer was actually earlier than your 3.
  12. S

HGST HUSML4040ASS600 - 400GB SAS - $160

I got 2 with exactly the same manufacture date/TBW. After a round of badblocks, they now have extra 1.6TBW at 8.5TBW now. Mine and yours were definitely from the same batch. The power on hours were 973 hr. I found one was almost 10% slower when running badblocks. Not sure if I need to worry...
  13. S

Toshiba Enterprise SSD refurb 960,400 and 200 TB

I was thinking about picking up the 4 x 200GB but didn't act fast enough. Once newegg put those on the ebay, they were able to move them fast. Good thing was that I got to pick up 3 x 400GB before they were all gone. Each of them had 3 or 4 power on and no data was ever written. (Now they do...
  14. S

Mine arrived with ziplock bags as well, for the 400GB that is.
  15. S

Dell R730XD Intel DC S3710 MLC 400GB SSD 2.5 6Gb/s SATA III Wrnty AUG 2020

From which seller/ebay link? Thanks!
  16. S

S9SCL-F, 1U cse510-200B, Heatsink for $119 FS

Yes, I can see that you also get the B400 manual. I have the same user's manual you posted. :) I guess like all the server board manufacturers, they only list ECC memory because of their intended usage. Different from the SM motherboard in OP's list, this board not only boots with non-ECC ram...
  17. S

Interesting, the original discussion was on a particular server, and then it became discussion on ECC memory. My take is, if the system requires ECC, like the server board OP listed, then there's no other option. The motherboard I linked can take either. That's the time when one needs to...
  18. S

FreeNAS and ZFS can be installed on system with non-ECC ram and it will still run. I don't know if the non-ECC ram caused silent corruption of data has been addressed recently or not, but when I first started my FreeNAS installation, I followed religiously what the FreeNAS people said. I think...
  19. S

It was established earlier that Crystal Disk Info shows the Total Write accurately while HD Sentinal does not. So I think you can disregard the 375TB total write reported by HD Sentinal.
  20. S

Actually boards with LGA1155 CPUs support both ECC and non-ECC ram. It's all up to what the purpose is for. If used for storage -- FreeNAS comes into mind -- then ECC ram is a must. Otherwise, the much cheaper non-ECC ram works properly. I think OP was considering using it for pfSense? For...