Search results

1. K

Quanta S210-X22RQ 2U LGA2011 Barebone (10Gb and LSI2008 mezzanines included)

Nope, mine has 2x e5-2670 processors which with the original fans, idled at 6000rpm with the cpu at ~30C. With my replacement fans from a few posts ahead the fans idle at 3800rpm and cpu temps are ~40C. Definitely not related to not having both cpus. No fault codes from ipmi either. For...
  2. K

For those who have quieter unit, can you please post the bios and bmc versions and the rpm of the fans at idle? I believe the bmc controls the fan speed and it may have been updated at some point since there seems to be a disparity in fan speeds between units.
  3. K

The second cpu is required for the 10gb card and the sas card to work as they utilize the pci express lanes from the second cpu. I don't believe that the second cpu missing affects the fan speed as mine did not differ, nor were there any fault codes with the end cpu missing. StammesOpfer just...
  4. K

I went as far as editing the bios to see if any of the thermal options did anything(they didn't) to see if there was any way to lower the fan speed. There may be a ipmi raw command which could change it, but nothing is documented from what I could find. What I ended up doing is buying new fans...
  5. K

There are two separate LEDs per drive sled. The top illuminates when a drive is populated and the lower LED illuminates on activity.
  6. K

Smoking hot deal: Quanta LB6M 24-port SFP+ 10GbE $500 BO

The fans in mine start at full speed and then ramp down to ~50% after about 5 seconds. Playing around with changing out the fans I did notice that if there was not at least 1 fan that was pwm, then it would not be able to monitor anything under the 'show environment' command which I assume means...
  7. K

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

My offer of $375 + $25 shipping was accepted on this listing a few days ago: eBay. The listing says it doesn't have rack ears which is disappointing but I had offered 400 on the other listing currently at $695 + $50 shipping with the ears, but it was never responded to and it expired.