Search results

1. A

Software Defined Home IT

Fair enough. I had no serious hardware issues in the past 20 years @Home so there's no reason for me to think of this as a blocker. And in the unlikely event of an emergency there's still a backup router in a cabinet that can do the job for a few days until the issue is fixed. I already run a...
  2. A

Software Defined Home IT

Seems you're right and I need to modify the configuration. Thanks for showing up!
  3. A

How to tell Dell that Linux OS is loaded and to slow down the fans?

You might want to check IPMI Fan Control. I use it on Supermicro but should work for iDRAC as well.
  4. A

Software Defined Home IT

I'm aware of DANOS but there's no progress for more than 2 years now. Not sure if it's still under active maintenance.
  5. A

Software Defined Home IT

For 2023 x-mas I decited to renew my aging home IT equiment and besides adding some performance my main goals are reducing power consumption and go a more software defined way. In detail that means: Discard Mikrotik CCR Discard Mikrotik CRS Replace Xeon D-1541/8HDD server So the new server...
  6. A

VRM modify ICC_MAX to run high TDC/TDP OEM processors

Damn. Just 3 of 5 are applied. Does it mean I do have further CPU restrictions as well or would a 8160 work?
  7. A

VRM modify ICC_MAX to run high TDC/TDP OEM processors

I've got a Dell T440 that's also using PXE1610C and want to go for the 8272CL. Unfortunately I'm unable to locate the 3-Pin header. Any hints?