Search results

1. V

SuperMicro RAID Windows can't see drives (Solved)

I'm having a heck of a time with this server I'm trying to load 2019 on. The setup is 2 RAID 1 arrays, 1 consists of 2 250GB SSDs the other is 2 2TB drives. The motherboard is this board... https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/X11SDW-4C-TP13F The driver is supposedly this driver...
  2. V

Small server question/suggestions?

I'm considering setting up a client with a 1019D-4C-FHN13TP and wanted to get some opinions/input. The reason I chose that device is due to it's size. Unfortunately the client's cabinet only allows for up to about 16" max in depth and because there are only 2 users. The appliance will mostly be...
  3. V

LB4M 1Gb Module?

I was wondering if someone could point me to a 1Gb fiber module that will work in the SFP+ slot in the switch?I tried a Dell Finisar module in it but it didn't recognize the module. Basically I'm trying to link over a 200ft fiber cable to one of these... LMP-0601G-SFP-24 Using a 850nm 1Gb LC...
  4. V

SCADA Server Build... Suggestions?

So, this forum is a wealth of knowledge with well tempered knowledgeable people. I'd like to tap into this resource again. I do some work around town for some people and one of these people needs a server replaced that runs a SCADA application for monitoring. Their old server is running Win XP...
  5. V

Home Server Build

So my X8DTH MB is dying, apparently slowly but now it's to the point that it reboots every day to 6 days. Sometimes a couple times in a day and I don't have anything to swap it out with atm. So I'm looking to re-build it. I'm thinking of re-using my SC847 case. I don't want to waste a good 36...
  6. V

LB4M time settings?

So I have a couple LB4M switches setup but one of them seems to be pulling the wrong time from my NTP server. I have it setup to listen to the firewall as I'm running PfSense but it pulled a date of Sept 10, 2049 and I don't see a way to set the date a time manually. Any suggestions on the...
  7. V

Another Super Low 10Gb performance thread

I started another thread on FreeNAS, no answers so far, but I'm only getting 800Mb/s to 1.2Gb/s on my 10Gb links on a Quanta LB4M switch. Any ideas and/or suggestions would be appreciated. Here is the FreeNAS Thread link... 10Gb NICs and iperf is showing 1Gb speeds | FreeNAS Community
  8. V

LB4M LAG/LACP configuration to vmware?

I'm trying to setup a lag group on a lb4m switch I just picked up but I'm not seeing how to do it on this switch. Granted I don't setup lag groups very often so I have to keep familiarizing myself with how to do it and have done it before but this switch isn't straight forward. I have CLI, SSH...