Search results

1. K

Sorting our RAM choice for X10SDV-4C-7TP4F

Ah very nice. That sounds really good. I am actually choosing a case for my NAS. Most important: Silent, up to 12 3,5" HDDs. I'm trying to choose between the SM CSE-743TQ-865B-SQ and the Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 RevB. The later is much cheaper (100 vs 400 bucks), supports many more HDDs and...
  2. K

Has your chassis arrived? Can you give a hint on the noise production? How silent is that case really? They call it whisper silent: Would one notice it if its turned on and positioned a few meters away? What are your impressions?
  3. K

X10SDV-4C-7TP4F (Xeon D-1518) Build

I'm also interested in that case. Can you give me an impression how noisy that case is? I looking for a (nearly) silent solution for my X10SDV-4C-7TP4F built. Thx
  4. K

Hey SomeGuyInTexas, can you explain why you want to use mirrored vdevs? I read that article, but I don't get the point. To me it seems less reliable than a raidz2, because in a raid z2, you can loose every two drives, whereas in your scenario you have a chance of around 13% of loosing all your...
  5. K

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Hmm I think a new Supermicro X9SRL is the cheapest option for such a beauty. So is esisoinc a good seller or are there better option (maybe not on ebay)
  6. K

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Has anyone an idea where to get a good deal Mainboard for these sweeties here in europe?
  7. K

Help with new build

The longer I think the more it boils down to just one single question: How much RAM do I really need for my home use ZFS Pool, no matter how big it will grow within the next years, but with consitently only 2 or 3 concurrent users? SFF (mini ITX or µATX is settled now) Is 32 GB sufficient...
  8. K

FS: My babies - Xeon E3 servers (qty 3)

Here i gave you a (in my opinion binding) post that I will take that bundle and am willing to pay it. Here I told that it is no problem to wait for your replacement hardware but not for another buyer. Here was your (in my opinion binding) acceptance of the conditions. If shipping prices went...
  9. K

Do I get you right that I will not get a system although I thought I bought it a few days ago and was just waiting for your new heatsinks to arrive?
  10. K

so whats the status upon the bundle, can you say now when you are able to ship the Bundle?
  11. K

Help with new build

I have mentioned that board in my starting post, too. It is a very nice piece of tech. But for the same price I can get a decent E3 or E5 Xeon also in M-ITX. I guess that idle power consumption isn't that much different between both worlds. So the only reason for the Xeon-D is the integrated...
  12. K

Help with new build

Any Idea how i could get a 8x SAS backplane for a Lian Li Q26. In in Video a Lian Li sales rep stated that one could easily add more backplanes. Unfortunately LianLi backplanes are SATA only.
  13. K

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Unfortunately this board is not 170mm in Depth.
  14. K

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

My dream board: D-1540 on an extended miniITX with 2 PCI-E x8 Slots and Dual SAS Controller. Go ASRock!
  15. K

Yeah it's no problem for me to wait a few days as long as I get those parts. My local dealer has just cancelled my HDD order due to a "pricing error". What do you think when you can ship the bundle?
  16. K

Now you got me. I'll take your bundle. 400 USD for the bundle including shipping to germany via paypal? Any chance to get that LSI and Dual Nic Card?
  17. K

Help with new build

My first home server used WD green HDDs. Wasn't my best idea. I modified the TLER time to enhance Raid compatibility. 2 years later a drive failed and was replaced by Western Digital. Couldn't even use it because they locked the TLER. Now I will stick to HGST Enterprise Drives. Either the...
  18. K

Hi, can you give me the exact model of the RAM? I want to check if it's possible to use it in my HP Microserver.
  19. K

Help with new build

You are absolutely right sir. Now I have to decide. But another point: The Hardwareseller cancelled my HDD order because of pricing error. Now I have to look for new drives. I have no clue whats the use of SAS drives in homeservers, especially with my user profile. Should I choose them, or can...
  20. K

Help with new build

I send an inquiry to the seller. He couldn't give me any technical details on the machines. I think I'll go the Chenbro or Intertech way if not the SFF way. How do I recognize wether a case has an expander type backplane or a standard type 3x4 backplane? What would you say: ASRock Rack...