Search results

1. K

X11SSH-F error on reboot

Just following up with the response I received from Supermicro. I emailed tech support and described the issue I had; someone replied, asking if I had tried rebooting from the OS to see if the problem occurs again, to which I replied saying it hadn't after rebooting the following day. The...
  2. K

X11SSH-F error on reboot

Looks like there is a common thread in that we both have the same RAM configuration. I'm glad to hear that your system has been running fine for so long after presenting the error, but I can definitely empathize with the vague paranoia that it could happen again, or worse, start happening more...
  3. K

X11SSH-F error on reboot

I built a home server based on the Supermicro X11SSH-F back in early May of this year. The board is populated with 2 16GB sticks of Samsung RAM (MEM-DR416L-SL01-EU21, per Supermicro's approved list). I haven't had any issues at all with the system build until yesterday, when the system hung on...
  4. K

Intel RES2SV240 performance bottleneck

I just wanted to thank everyone in the thread for their advice - everyone here has been extremely helpful, and I've definitely picked up a few suggestions on hardware that I will take into account for future upgrades. I am happy to report that the IO errors have been resolved, although the end...
  5. K

Good to know - hopefully I will have similar experience later today or tomorrow morning when I have time to sit down and work on this some more. Yep, they're all retail boxed 4TB HGST drives. I am still psychologically traumatized from the 3TB Seagates in my last drive pool, so short of buying...
  6. K

I do have the latest version of P20, but I will definitely try downgrading to the P19 firmware and driver if updating the expander's firmware doesn't resolve anything. Thanks for the suggestion. I have a second chassis I plan to expand to at some point, so 3 M1015's would take up too many...
  7. K

Thanks for the feedback guys. I figured there would be some degree of a performance hit with the expander, but didn't expect so many IO timeouts during heavy access. I am running P20 on the M1015, since the Server 2012 drivers seem to be designed for that version. I will definitely try updating...
  8. K

I recently built a new server based on Supermicro's X11SSH-F motherboard, SC846TQ chassis, and an IBM M1015 (flashed to 9211 IT) connected to an Intel RES2SV240 expander. I am running Server 2012 Essentials R2. The Intel expander seems to be causing performance issues with the drives that are...
  9. K

SC846TQ motherboard compatibility

Thanks for the responses, it sounds like there shouldn't be a problem. I emailed Super Micro last week and their reply was basically that they hadn't tested that board with that chassis, and that it might work, but I should still buy a newer, more expensive chassis. I will follow up once I...
  10. K

SC846TQ motherboard compatibility

I am in the process of putting together a new server. I have an unused SC846TQ chassis that I would like to use with one of the newer boards, leaning toward the X11SAT-F with an E-1245 V5 Xeon. I was just wondering if anyone here was aware of any compatibility issues with these newer boards, and...