Search results

1. 2

zpool c5t5d0 showing drive removed !

i love my zfs setup if it was anything else it would have been hosed. On my Dell perc 5i I set each drive as its own vdev so the OS saw each vdev appears as a drive. then zfs assembles it all. I get the benefits of the perc card and the percs of the operating system. I trust ntfs about as much...
  2. 2

New Build, cannot Access Disk

did you make the raid on the card then try to make it in in os? for me with my dell card I had to make each drive its own vdev then os saw each drive and i made the zfs partition.
  3. 2

Actually I fixed the problem. Somehow HBA got borked and marked a drive as foreign. after a bit of research I discovered the option to import from the hba bios and it put the drive back to normal. I boot the system up and OI automatically started reslivering life is good again.
  4. 2

Decided to remove the mirrored SSD ZiL and add them to the Cache so now 5 SSD for cache and should make the c4t3d0 and c4t4d0 last much longer. I am jumping system up to 32gb this weekend so shouldn't really need the zil
  5. 2

This may be lengthy. Short story we had a storm while i was at work I called wife and walked her through powering down my servers over the phone when she got to my openindiana/napp-it server under shutdown she chose the Red option "Emergency Shutdown"! when i got home to power on server and...
  6. 2

Can't take failed disk offline - no such device in pool?

You should mirror your log drive for safety purposes cache doesn't need mirroring but logs should be mirrors.
  7. 2

Slicing SSD

Sort of on the same subject. SSD wasted space. I recently install Openindiana with nappit. I included a 128gb SSD for caching and the system is only using 2gb of this drive it seems like a huge waste of space. What are my options to get more bang for the buck out of this SSD? Can i put the OS...