Search results

1. J

Slicing SSD

I've a pair of SSD and I want to Slice them so that I could use part of it for L2ARC and Part of it for ZIL. IS that a good idea and if so, how do I do that ?
  2. J

Performance differences between ALL-In-One and Bare metal install

Anybody has tested the differences in performance between bare metal install and ALL-In-One ? Thanks.
  3. J

What is a SPARE in ZFS

I'm trying to co-relate ZFS terminology to NAPP-IT. Where do I configure, enable, disable ZIL, ARC , L2ARC in NAPP-IT ? What is a SPARE in ZFS ? In normal raid, this would have to be the same size as Disk but ZFS seems to allow for a different size. Thanks.
  4. J

Out of Topic - How do I edit the GRUB menu after NAPP-IT

I've install NAPP-IT and now there is 7 menu entries on the GRUB and I want to remove the rest but somehow I couldn't find it on the menu.lst ,etc. Where do I edit and remove the menu entries.
  5. J

Hardware for OpenIndiana

Hi guys, Looking for hardware recommendation for OpenIndiana SAN. Motherboard - Currently using AMD Athalon X2 (8GB DRAM) and support 4 HDD , seems to be working fine. JBOD controller -> Looking for something that will support Sata3 if possible Power Supply -> Currently 460W for...
  6. J

OpenIndiana / Napp-IT help

I've installed OpenIndiana on a 4G partition with 2x 1T SATA disk successfully. Installed Napp-it successfully. OpenIndiana see the 2 disk but when I try to create POOL in Napp-it, it complaint of no unused disk. I've gone into bash shell and tried various options, including deleting...
  7. J

Napp-it FC SAN

I'm totally new to all these, been reading the various threads and is hoping for some help here. Advises,etc. I'm considering the Storage OS to use, have consider Nexenta but the CE (GUI/ PLUGIN) doesn't support FC in GUI. My understanding is that I could NAPP-IT and get FC GUI . Am I right ...