Search results

1. G

SuperMicro H11SSL-i Motherboard Weirdness

I have a bit of a story to tell, so hope you will stick with me. I also hope to provide as much data as possible to explain the situation. I have a SuperMicro H11SSL-i motherboard installed in my homelab server that is running Proxmox. The server has been running fine for some time, with a...
  2. G

SuperMicro H11SSL-i Rev 1.0 versus Rev 2.0 Comparison

I am close to buying a used SuperMicro H11SSL-i motherboard. The motherboard is rev 1.0 and will have an EPYC 7551P CPU installed. I have noticed there are revision 2.0 of these boards available for sale, so I started wondering. Am I better finding a revision 2.0 board, or am I better going...
  3. G

Supermicro Motherboard Mystery Interface

I have a Supermicro H11SSL-i motherboard and it has the interfaces below. I have tried doing research on the use of these interfaces and the cables I might use. But I have come up empty? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
  4. G

M.2 Drive DIY Mount Ideas

Recently purchased a used Supermicro H11SSL-i motherboard. Only issue... it didn't come with the nylon mounting clips to retain the M.2 drive in place. Unfortunately Supermicro doesn't sell spare parts to us folks in the great land down under, so I am looking for some suggestions on possible...
  5. G

Economical GPU for DIY Proxmox Server

Long time reader. This is my first post... I am currently building a proxmox server based on the Supermicro H11SSL-i motherboard and 32 core EPYC CPU. My old proxmox server nexver had a GPU, and whilst I didn't have many requirements for a GPU, I wanted to add a GPU in this build. The GPU wont...