Search results

1. P

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Is vt-d anywhere in the BIOS on these devices? I enabled vmx.
  2. P

I just installed Proxmox on my box and am having a hell of a time getting IOMMU ie passthrough working. Pretty sure I enabled what I needed to in the bios.
  3. P

Unraid on proxmox

Not sure if this is the place for this question but just curious if anyone here has run Unraid on Proxmox? I have Unraid running on metal right now, was thinking of changing that around to use proxmox on metal though. Just curious about peoples experiences.
  4. P

1Gb over OpenVPN? This sounds suspicious…
  5. P

Ya I don’t think it’s the actual device model in any way it’s just luck of the draw. There is always some degree of those issues in any device. Maybe mine was dropped or whatever, anything can cause it.
  6. P

Posting this in case someone finds it useful. The unit I received was clearly broken. It would boot, sometimes, run pfsense for a few hours, crash, get into a boot loop where the power light would go on and off. I could recover it by doing all sorts of things only to have it run for a few hours...
  7. P

Oh lol I didn't realize that hahahahaha :) I see the problem :)
  8. P

I think it may be supported in the pfsense+ 22.05 which is a free license.
  9. P

What is the consensus on these i226 nics vs the i225? I know for pfsense it's a little tricky but are these nics better in any way?
  10. P

Ooh sanding the standoffs, that's a pretty great idea. I was just looking at the contact patch yesterday and it definitely leaves something to be desired. I stuck a fan on top of that chassis and, when it's working, it cooled that thing off a ton. Even the slightest bit of airflow over it seems...
  11. P

Oh I've requested a refund. I'm not spending money to ship this thing back and just have the store disappear or them tell me I did everything wrong. Complaining helps.
  12. P

The more I think about it the more I think my box is suffering from poor BGA solder points. The problems are so intermittent and weird. I wonder if I could bake this thing...
  13. P

This N5100 box is the single biggest piece of junk I've ever spent money on. I bought a second stick of RAM and it still does the exact same thing. Randomly dies and goes into a boot cycle which it won't recover from. I've recovered it a few times but I don't know exactly how, just trying...
  14. P

Well so now this box has twice shut down and then doesn't restart. It attempts to start, you see the power light come on for a second and back off again. I have some new ram on the way but if that doesn't resolve the issue I'm going to have to burn this piece of junk.
  15. P

I didnt even know that was there, nor the AES NI setting!
  16. P

I've noticed a concerning issue... The cpu temp on my unit seems to report 27.9C all the time in pfsense.....
  17. P

My Frankenstein. Keeps the box WAY cooler and cpu seems to idle around 27C.
  18. P

Interestingly it doesn't seem like I can change the speed. However, in the BIOS it does say 2933.
  19. P

I've got the N5100 and it's a single stick of 8GB. That's all I have, sadly, for DDR4, otherwise I'd try something else. When pfsense was running my cpu temps were very reasonable, like 27C so I think I'm ok there. If this issue continues I'll buy another stick. Maybe I'll try turning the memory...
  20. P

It just did it again, this time I'm positive it did not get to the configured 4/4 runs. Can this be a memory issue causing a full system restart? Kind of thought memtest was designed to show you the errors instead of just restarting.