Search results

1. P

WOL (Wake On LAN) for Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx (MCX4121A-ACAT)?

Hi, I was browsing through the documentation and trying to get WOL working with a Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx card. I just found some older material for ConnectX-3 with “…set WOL_MAGIC_EN_P1=1” (Wake On Lan (WOL) MCX311A-XCAT - not supported? 1). Is there a way to enable this for my card...
  2. P

Upgrade to 25GbE (Mellanox ConnectX-4)

My (temp) setup currently is as follows: Fritzbox 7940 (Router / Internet access) > 1 GbE connection to: Ubiquiti UniFiSwitch Aggregation (10G Managed Switch, 8x SFP+) with: Proxmox Server (ConnectX-4) - DAC Proxmox Backup Server (ConnectX-4) - DAC Windows 11 Pro Machine (ConnectX-4) - DAC...
  3. P

The cards arrived .. I was quite surprised all three "Made in India". So far I was only aware of "Made in China" and "Made in Isreal" for Mellanox products. One PCB looks quite different then the others ... although same origin, batch, time.
  4. P

Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) vs SFP+ / SFP28 (Fiber) gaming latency?

But I am just comparing Fiber and DAC .. do not use 10baseT.
  5. P

But they specified DACs as well or do I read the table wrong? My understanding is DACs are mostly more cost efficient for shorter cable runs and this table compares SFP+ Fiber vs SFP+ DAC ... with Fiber having a third the latency of DAC for a complete link run? Not specifying length I assume...
  6. P

Thanks for the feedback! Although that contradicts the fs.com statements:
  7. P

Hi, I am currently looking into switching from Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) to SFP+/SFP28 (Fiber). I have one general question and I got different answers. I plan to hook up Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx EN (Dual SFP28) cards with optical transceivers (10/25GbE) to a 10GbE SFP+ Switch. Compared to...
  8. P

LSI MegaRAID SAS 9250-4i flash to IT-Mode?

Ok .. so after digging deeper it seems the 9250 is (as the 9260) using the LSI SAS2108 chip and apperently there never was an IT mode for that specific one. I guess I am going to get an 9211 instead ...
  9. P

I tried to flash the firmware with the "9211_4i_Package_P20_IR_IT_FW_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows" -> 2114it.bin But it seems like there is a revision mismatch:
  10. P

If I read the specs correctly it should be a "SAS 6 Gb/sec HBA" and therefore "sas2flsh" can be used to flash to IT mode for this card? https://www.broadcom.com/support/knowledgebase/1211161501344/flashing-firmware-and-bios-on-lsi-sas-hbas In the MegaRaid manual it also says: Maybe it also...
  11. P

Hi, does anybody successfully flashed the "LSI MegaRAID SAS 9250-4i" into "IT-Mode"? I started reading through some posts in this forum and if my understanding is correct the card is currently running as a RAID card with MFI firmware. For my intended purpose (passthrough the pcie card with...
  12. P

I ordered three cards from your suggestion.. lets see… ;)
  13. P

Thanks for clarification. Ok so I assume most sellers use placeholder photos anyways. Also saw same serial number with different sellers and other weird stuff.
  14. P

Thanks! I saw those seller ... did you research into the differences between the "Made in Isreal" and "Made in China" cards? I remember there was a debate when I looked into ConnectX-3 series cards a while back. The ones from your reseller mentions "made in Isreal" .. is this also what you...
  15. P

I am in the market to upgrade my network infrastructure to 25GbE. Therefore I would like to purchase three PCIe cards (Workstation, Server, Backup Node) and after reading the STH article (https://www.servethehome.com/mellanox-connectx-4-lx-mini-review-ubiquitous-25gbe/) I guess price-wise the...
  16. P

Power usage of AMD Epyc 7282 vs 7302P

I am interested in running a AMD Epyc 7282 & Supermicro H12SSL-i. I read idle power consumption from below 60W to above 113W. That is a significant difference were I live in terms of cost. Of course it depends on the hardware / software stack running. What would be a realistic (idle?) power...