Search results

1. J

LSI 9500-16i HBA IT-Mode/Equivalent Questions

I’m building a new server with an LSI 9500-16i HBA card. I previously used a pair of LSI 9207-8i cards that had to be flashed to IT mode, but my understanding is that the 9500 cards work only in HBA mode, and don’t have hardware RAID. Still, I’m a bit confused. Looking at storcli64, the card is...
  2. J

HGST MUSMM616ASS200 -- Latest Firmware for HGST and HP Versions?

Hello, I have several of these that I bought used, and I want to make sure I flash the firmware on them before deployment to avoid any potential data corruption/stability bugs. They were all sold as HGST drives; I didn't realize until I got them that several of them are flashed with HP...
  3. J

Help with Finding Correct Firmware Updates for HGST/HP-Rebranded SAS2 SSDs?

Hello, I've got several HGST Ultrastar HUSMM1616ASS200/HUSMM1616ASS204 that I bought as a bundle. I thought they were identical (except for the minor difference in encryption bits (the 4 vs 0), which I don't care about ... yet). However, they fall into two groups: EMC Branding: These show up...
  4. J

[LSI 9207-8i][Newbie] How to find BSD-EFI file?

(I'd like to preface this by saying that I did check Broadcom's support documents/downloads page, but their search tool is so confusing that I was afraid to actually try downloading and installing anything before I asked.) Hello, I've got a couple of LSI 9207-8i SAS2 cards in my system (one is...