Search results

1. L

Legacy PCIE HBA in LGA1700 MB

It is in fact a LSI20320IE. This is an update. After hours of fiddling like installing the HBA in three different computers, A Z97 Intel based, an AMD EPYC SuperMicro, and the MSI B660M A PRO, which was in the target box, I managed to get the scanner detected and was able to scan a...
  2. L

No the scanner doesn't show up. There are errors in the dmesg output. Here's the fun stuff: 05:08.0 SCSI storage controller: Broadcom / LSI 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI (rev c1) Subsystem: Broadcom / LSI 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI [ 2.157972] pci...
  3. L

You bring up an interesting point making me ponder about the bootstrap process. When the hardware initializes , I figure the PCIE slots are searched for adapters, videocards, etc. Would there a whitelist (devices IDs perhaps), in the BIOS? PCIE is advertised as backwards compatible so...
  4. L

I have been looking at some. The scanner I have is a Canoscan. It's a decent scanner. I don't use it all that often.
  5. L

Not intending to run Win11 at this time. I am using Linux.
  6. L

The MB is only a couple weeks old. I might be able to take it back and exchange for another board that has more extensive BIOS or UEFI functionality like a server or workstation MB might have. The MSI board is a basic desktop MB AFAICT, but supports TPM and Windows 11. I would suspect all...
  7. L

Yes, I plugged it into an older system I have. Got the setup utility and the scanner was detected fine.
  8. L

This is a capture of the boot info that is displayed for only a fraction of a second.
  9. L

Unable to use CSM. The error says I need a vbios or something. I have some other video cards but I am just using the Alder Lake onboard video.
  10. L

The only PCIE related options are latency and Gen{2,3,4}. Haven't found anything about Option ROMS. In the setup screen. It's "MSI Click BIOs 5"
  11. L

Made a video and tried to upload but I get "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. The following extensions are allowed: .zip, .txt, .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif". I'm a total newbie making/editing videos. The card is an LSI20320EI PCI Express Ultra320 HBA.
  12. L

The short answer to your question is "hba not recognized". If you are familiar with these types of cards the normal boot process displays a banner upon the computer discovering the HBA. The HBA will display it's configuration screen asking to configure the adapter, detect devices and so on...
  13. L

I recently got a MSI B660M-A MB. I have a SCSI scanner with supporting HBA I want to use in it. This doesn't work so I sent an email to MSI support. Their reply was this is expected behavior with unsupported legacy hardware. Are there any 12 Gen Intel based MB that will support older HBAs...