Search results

1. C

EXPIRED Neat GPS clock SFP module - $20

super interested in one of these, if anyone has one they're willing to let go (or knows where they can be still be found), I'm definitely willing to pay more than $20
  2. C

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

I grabbed a few 5070 extendeds and put a mellanox connectx-3 in each. The 5070s all work, except for one, where the m.2 SATA stops working ONLY when I have these conectx-3 cards in (tried three of them that work in the other boxes). I upgraded the BIOS and mellanox firmware, no improvement. I...
  3. C

Hp Integrity BL860c i2 firmware

These are all pretty close to what I've been messing with. I'm in the process of finding a nice 10gb or faster NIC that would be compatible with openvms and linux. But honestly, the linux deprecation of itanium has kinda killed my motivation for spending time on this. I already have an...
  4. C

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

I made it in freecad, the editable file is uploaded to that same folder. I'll also attach a .step file here. I'm not very good at CAD so it's pretty crude!
  5. C

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

I made a simple 3D printable bracket for the M90q gen 2 and the Mellanox CX353A, you can grab the STL from my github page one part, no supports, no threaded inserts, not perfect but good enough for me
  6. C

I ended up not trying very hard to update any firmware, they're pretty old/buggy/obsolete anyway, and I'm not using it for anything serious. It is possible to boot them outside of a chassis, but then you only have USB, and heat is an issue of course.
  7. C

SX6012 3D Printable Top for 120mm Fans

correct, these fans don't have a ton of pressure, especially at low speeds I did, but for noise reasons I really wanted to do only 120mm fans. It's definitely not perfect, but I think it's good enough, and I got tired of messing with the design! there's a part to cover the rear holes here's...
  8. C

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Thanks!! I got one and changed the password hash, letting me back in to u-boot! Also, I posted my 3d printable 120mm fan mounts over in another thread, running very smoothly and quietly now.
  9. C

SX6012 3D Printable Top for 120mm Fans

Even with the minimum fan speed hacks, I found my SX6012 to be pretty noisy, so I've designed these 3D printable parts to replace the top cover, allowing 120mm fans. With a cheap fan controller, I can set the speeds low enough to be quieter than my PC. I've put the files on github along with...
  10. C

thanks for the suggestions, I'll sleep on it and see what looks like a good direction to go. I'm wondering now, of the two firmwares (the backplate and the configuration(?)), are they on the CPU board or the switch board? Since I also have a working SX1012, I wonder if I could swap the CPU...
  11. C

hey, thanks for the quick response! I'm in the US. basically what I did was: flash the switchx2 over infiniband, similarly to what nbritton is doing run manufacturing including the u-boot upgrade flag immediately reboot without clearing the u-boot password or flashing the FRU now if I try to...
  12. C

so I've managed to get my EMC sx6012 into a state where the uboot is password-locked AND mlnx-os errors out when I try to log in, leaving me with no way to do anything. any tricks left, or is it totally bricked? Not afraid to mess around at the hardware level, but also don't want to start...
  13. C

Fujitsu Primergy BX924 S4 blade turned into workstation - ultra low budget build

sure, don't immediately try to power it like that, just use it as a starting point to figure out how the power lines are wired up
  14. C

Fujitsu Primergy BX924 S4 blade turned into workstation - ultra low budget build

try looking for things that would be directly hooked up to the 12V lines, like SATA power
  15. C

bump? also messing with one of these and don't have access
  16. C

hoping to pick one of these up (anyone selling a spare sx6012? let me know!), but one question about speeds after the ethernet gateway license is enabled: do the FDR10 models support 40Gb ethernet? or only the FDR versions? I can't tell if there's any difference between them other than the 56gb...