Search results

1. J

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Question about serial console setup on this box: Is it possible to have serial setup on the T620 via USB? If so, what are the settings in the BIOS/OpnSense (if applicable)/type of cable you need? I finally put the network rack on my wall and moved my router into it. I dont want to have to mount...
  2. J

What would cause a command to be added/removed from a Mellanox switch config?

Thank you for the thoughtful response @olhachycher ! As the devops person here, there is only one other process that is automated against these switches so you raise a good point. I will see when the config changes because I only have a daily config download right now on those switches. The...
  3. J

What would cause a command to be added/removed from a Mellanox switch config?

I have an MSB7800 running 3.10.2102 code and it seems like the following config line at the end is being added and removed randomly. Does anyone know why this would happen? I have confirmation from the team no one is doing it manually and I am trying to get the configs into git for archive...
  4. J

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Yes, I am jealous. No FIOS for me :( I think the plan is to run the box as is and do some baselining with the hardware and go from there on complexity. Gives me a chance to get ansible setup with it so if I decide to upgrade the storage or whatnot, I can just run a playbook to put it all back...
  5. J

Thank you for the additional insight. I wasnt worried about whether it would work. I just wanted it to work well. And given you said your CPU spiked to 50% download without IDP/IDS, that scared me enough to not decide to do it. I plan to run OpenVPN within OpnSense and will need it to at least...
  6. J

Great info. Sounds like I should stick with baremetal. I have other devices I can use to run my other services rPi kube cluster and an extra laptop I now have available. Was hoping to combine it all. Maybe once I get this going and settled Ill get a better piece of hardware for my home router...
  7. J

I am finally looking to put this hardware in my network. Will this device keep up running OpnSense and/or something like PiHole virtually and not on physical hardware (KVM)? Internet service is only at 200Mbps which is all I need. I plan to do vlans and other fun stuff on OpnSense as well so I...