Search results

1. K

High capacity Kingston DC1500M alternatives?

Okay, thank you very much @nabsltd. That is indeed a good price. Not sure if those SSDs have a lot of wear on them, but it should be okay I guess. The main issue when buying overseas from eBay is that eBay forces me to pay 20% VAT tax when the goods enter the EU even if I am VAT exempt. I...
  2. K

Maybe the 1TB Version for ~180. Serverschmiede.com GmbH Or the 2TB version for ~420 Samsung SSD 2,5 1,92 TB PM983 Serie ( PCIe, NVMe ) Enterprise SSD (MZQLB1T9HAJR-00007) I find the 3.84TB version at EU vendors for around 600 USD new including tax...
  3. K

Ufff, talk about getting hot. The Micron 7400 PRO U.3 has up to 22W power draw according to datasheet. I was hoping for less. Whatever "up to" means in practice.
  4. K

Appreciate it! Ok, so it's a combination of those reasons. I guess I will bite the bullet and order "Micron 7400 PRO"s then. Form factor is not top priority for me, but I care a lot about price. I see that the cheapest Micron 7400 PROs that I are in stock right now come in U.3 form factor, which...
  5. K

Thanks for the reply @Tech Junky ! At least for the "Samsung OEM Datacenter SSD PM9A3 3.84TB, M.2 22110/M-Key/PCIe 4.0 x4" I can't really tell if that was supposed to be a temporary price hike. I have price data for cheapest offer going back 1 year. Would they double the price for a whole 6...
  6. K

I wanted to buy SSDs with power loss protection, but I have a fairly low budget. I originally had the Samsung OEM Datacenter SSD PM9A3 3.84TB in mind. I was pretty surprised to see that they have almost doubled in price over the last year (at least in EU the price went from EUR 208 plus tax to...
  7. K

Search: "Cheap" M2.PCIe SSDs (2280) with 1TB for fast 'sync writes'

The Micron 7400 PRO and the Kingston DC1500M seem to be some of the most affordable PLP drives right now. Are you happy with your Micron 7400 Pro M2.PCIe 1TB ? Any problems over the last 1.5 years?
  8. K

R720 IDRAC7 https access to downloads.dell.com

I have a bad feeling installing firmware from a random website. The suspicious part in me thinks setting up such a mirror would be a perfect not so white-hat move. But maybe I will try it. Thanks for the hint!
  9. K

R720 IDRAC7 https access to downloads.dell.com

I wanted to (so far unsuccessfully) use this method to update my 750W PSU's firmware from an iDRAC 7 server. On the web GUI in "iDRAC Settings - Updates & Rollback" after clicking "Check Updates" after like 10 minutes of waiting I get the error: "LC023: Cannot access network share. Check...
  10. K

Beelink GTR7 Pro Review a Faster AMD Ryzen 9 Mini PC

As you say support is possible, but unlikely. I still would want this to become a regular part of the STH Micro PC reviews. Maybe some Mini PC is uncovered where it works. In any case it would also highlight ECC as a desireable quality.
  11. K

Beelink GTR7 Pro Review a Faster AMD Ryzen 9 Mini PC

I really wish STH would buy a pair of ECC SODIMMs and make testing with that a regular part of their Mini PC reviews. Is it recognized, does the OS report that it's working? Especially when those look so perfect for Proxmox and co.
  12. K

ECC RAM in AMD Ryzen Laptops?

If I learned anything over the years is that if something is not explicity mentioned as supported then assume that it's unimplemented or broken. It doesn't matter if according to the standard it should be supported or that it would be implementable for cents. If the vendor doesn't test it then...