Search results

1. J

SFP28 and QSFP28 DAC Cables - Compatibility and where to buy in Europe?

Hi, I got my hands on a nice Arista switch with SFP28 and QSFP28 ports, previously I've only ever used SFP+, and am now searching for DAC cables of the following types: SFP28 1-5m QSFP28 1-5m QSFP28 -> 4x SFP28 3m, 5m Ideally they should be compatible with everything I've got and might get in...
  2. J

ProDrive Hermes Mainboard

Hi, does anyone know where I could buy one or two and what they cost? https://prodrive-technologies.com/products/embedded-computing-systems/motherboards/hermes-8th-9th-gen-series/ The company only sells to businesses and in bulk, i.e. probably > 10 pcs, which is a bit much for me and my...
  3. J

Dell R7525 Motherboards

Hi, a R7525 currently has the following motherboard installed: 05Y13N. I've been looking at replacement options as spare parts and I can't find it anywhere. What I can find however are these types, mostly from Chinese sellers: PYVT1 74H08 YHMCJ Can anyone tell me what the differences are and...
  4. J

QAT isn't working on a virtualized pfSense based on FreeBSD 14.0

Hi, I've been trying to get QAT virtual functions to work on pfSense+ 23.01 so I could use VPN hardware acceleration. Everything else including network virtual function passthrough is working without issues on my Linux VM host. The QAT virtual functions are passed through and show up in...
  5. J

ConnectX-3 custom firmware files

Hi, I have a few ConnectX-3 cards of type MCX311A and managed, after a lot of research, to find a way to enable SR-IOV support using the custom firmware files (.mlx), which allowed me to include a modified config and thereby create a new bin image to burn to the network adapter. Sadly the last...
  6. J

Broadcom 9500-8i, NVME U.2/U.3, Tri-Mode

I just wanted to share my experience with this HBA when it comes to U.2/U.3 drives, because it was quite frustating and cost me a lot of money: U.2/U.3 drives normally register as /dev/nvme[0-9]+n[0-9]+ where the n[0-9]+ represents the namespace number. The Broadcom Tri-Mode controller however...
  7. J

Supermicro AOC-S25G-M2S ConnectX-4 LX SFP28 to Mellanox firmware

Hi, I tried flashing the Supermicro OEM variant of the ConnectX-4 LX dual port SFP28 card to the newest Mellanox MCX4121A-ACAT firmware today. Results were as follows: Flashing using `flint` worked, however ... Sometimes the driver hangs, complaining about CRC errors and such, then the device...