Search results

1. J

pfSense Plus 24.03 Released with a Big Default Password Update and More

Just out of curiosity, is it really sane to run production equipment on FreeBSD 15.0-CURRENT (there doesn't seem to be a release date yet for 15.0-RELEASE)? Isn't that considered highly experimental and could contain unknown (security) issues? I mean I understand that they want to push for most...
  2. J

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Out of curiosity I just ran the same command on the DCS-7280SR2 and it has the same CPU. So perhaps some x2 and r2 products share some components.
  3. J

Upgrade BCM5709 Firmware / Drivers

For anyone else running into the issue and wanting to upgrade the BCM5709 NIC on systems where you can't do it via iDrac, i.e. for me it was a Dell R630. Firmware upgrade file found via searching https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/poweredge-r210/drivers for...
  4. J

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Arista DCS-7050SX2-72Q: #bash cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 vendor_id : AuthenticAMD cpu family : 22 model : 48 model name : AMD GX-424CC SOC with Radeon(TM) R5E Graphics stepping : 1 microcode : 0x7030109 cpu MHz : 2402.905 cache size...
  5. J

SFP28 and QSFP28 DAC Cables - Compatibility and where to buy in Europe?

For testing purposes I got myself a FS QSFP28 -> 4x SFP28 and SFP28 -> SFP28 cable and used the box to program it. From From Cable Type From Cable Coding To Cable Type To Cable Coding To Status DCS-7280SR2 FS QSFP28 Dell 4x FS SFP28 Dell DCS-7280SR2 25G DCS-7050SX2 10G (left side must be...
  6. J

SFP28 and QSFP28 DAC Cables - Compatibility and where to buy in Europe?

Hi, I got my hands on a nice Arista switch with SFP28 and QSFP28 ports, previously I've only ever used SFP+, and am now searching for DAC cables of the following types: SFP28 1-5m QSFP28 1-5m QSFP28 -> 4x SFP28 3m, 5m Ideally they should be compatible with everything I've got and might get in...
  7. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Has anyone ever looked into the image files of a ICX7250 and seen if BGP could be enabled for it? As someone in this thread pointed out, there are old pdfs that explicitly state, that it has BGP support. Obviously it doesn't now, but what is really the limitation here, if at some point in time...
  8. J

Power Consumption Thread

Arista DCS-7280SR2-48YC6-M-F More or less idle, 230V. localhost#show sys env p...
  9. J

Power Consumption Thread

DCS-7050SX2-72Q, idle with nothing connected. localhost(config)#show inv...
  10. J

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

I'm contemplating getting a DCS-7280SR/SR2. Does anyone know if all, even the current, firmware versions support honor based licensing? I found this here indicating I may need an older firmware image (at least for certain features) ...
  11. J

ProDrive Hermes Mainboard

Hi, does anyone know where I could buy one or two and what they cost? https://prodrive-technologies.com/products/embedded-computing-systems/motherboards/hermes-8th-9th-gen-series/ The company only sells to businesses and in bulk, i.e. probably > 10 pcs, which is a bit much for me and my...
  12. J

Thanks for explaining! Still looking for the firmware. I found a file online, that I *think* might be the correct firmware for me ... but I'm unsure if it is for my model and unmodified ... md5sum is: d6a4e061b955dea5baa841bc79b524e9 EOS-4.28.10.1M.swi Is it still the newest version?
  13. J

Hi, I've got myself a DCS-7050SX2-72Q. The last firmware version that is compatible is 4.28 it seems. Could someone please help me? Thank you! EDIT: Does anyone know if newer versions can be used as well, even if not officially supported? From a bit of spelunking this seems to be the flash...
  14. J

Dell R7525 Motherboards

Okay, thank you both for your help, I'll just assume that any of these will work.
  15. J

Dell R7525 Motherboards

@RolloZ170: Thanks for that list! Do you perhaps know what those actually mean? On a chinese site I just found even more types: 590KW H3K7P 24PW1 90YMM The one I have was among them. It is an offer for a mainboard and all types named here in this thread, except for 74H08, were listed...
  16. J

Dell R7525 Motherboards

Hi, a R7525 currently has the following motherboard installed: 05Y13N. I've been looking at replacement options as spare parts and I can't find it anywhere. What I can find however are these types, mostly from Chinese sellers: PYVT1 74H08 YHMCJ Can anyone tell me what the differences are and...
  17. J

ConnectX-3 custom firmware files

@kevindd992002 I can't help you there, I believe I did upload the correct working and non-working images in that one post, but I don't have the time to test it again. While I still have a few of those cards, I've since replaced most of them with Intel ones that didn't cause me as much of a...
  18. J

EXPIRED UK/EU - C240 M5 26sff - 40gbe

Since I am thinking of getting one, could you please tell me what it does use?
  19. J

Thank you !!!
  20. J

I've never used Cisco servers before, so I'd be grateful if someone could answer a few questions for me, before I buy one of these: Are updates available for it and if so, do I need a license, are they free, how long will they be provided? Is there a special reason so many of them are now on...