Search results

1. S

Image Posting Guidelines?

Is there a preferred method for posting images here (resolution, html code, etc.) and a recommendation on where to store them? It's been awhile since I've done any posting and drew moderator ire with my first posts with images elsewhere in the old days (I was a 100 or so pixels oversized on each...
  2. S

Any wisdom on Intel Cache Acceleration Software (CAS)?

i.e., Intel re-branded Nevex CacheWorks. I'm looking around at current caching software to copy commonly used files from HDD to SSD (& maybe to RAM at some point, when there is more to go around in a future build) to overcome the slowness of the platters. Essentially I'm looking for a poor...
  3. S

Wherefore art thou PLP M.2 <=2280 NVME SSDs?!

So, this concern you all have for safeguarding one's file system is starting to rub off on me, dang it. Since a resiliant file system seems to be off the table for me in NTFSlandia I looked for a modicum of HW-protection for the FS. But, alas, most of the (paltry few) M.2 PLP SSDs I've found...
  4. S

Advice needed M.2 MLC SSDs, reliable HDDs, ReFS, etc.

Its my first crack for a long time at building a workstation. I've started convservatively, perhaps too much so (& certainly bush-league by thus forum's standards, but I didn't want to fry $10,000 worth of parts with my rusty PC skills), but the process has started with an Asrock X399 Taichi...