Search results

1. K

Are the "new" HPE SSDs from china legit?

It's a DL380 G10. If it doesn't care about it then that's great news for me, I have a source for some cheap S4500s. But I'm still curious if in general those drives from china are the real deal.
  2. K

Isn't that a decent price for a brand new server grade SSD? I'm located in Poland and I can't really find anything cheaper... I'm also looking specifically at HPE drives because I heard that the dl380 can be quite picky about the installed drives and will spin up the fans if it doesn't like it.
  3. K

I've noticed there's a lot of sellers offering supposedly brand new HPE branded SSDs shipped from China with too good to be true prices, like this one...
  4. K

Dell R740 vs HPE DL380 G10 - What to pick?

This is a good point. I didn't realize the SAS/SATA and NVMe risers are completely different. If anyone finds this thread in the future - you can't plug SATA drives into the NVMe riser and vice versa. But there are configurations where one riser is u.2 and another is sas/sata
  5. K

Actually the R740 non xd model does not offer a backplane that supports u.2. only the 24 slot backplane has NVME variants
  6. K

Hello, I'm considering upgrading my two R720s to something more modern. My first choice was the Dell R740, mostly because I'm already familiar with Dell hardware. However it turns out, that the base R740 model does not support U.2 drives in the front bays, and the R740xd with U.2 support is...
  7. K

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Does a Tesla P4 fit in one of those?
  8. K

$15 50GbE CX4431A OCP 2.0 (PCI-e 3.0) NIC

Are those still available anywhere? I couldn't find them on ebay
  9. K

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Was anyone able to get any kind of temperature monitoring in ESXi working on the Tinys? It would be awesome to have it show up with the web UI, but just the ability to log it to some metrics server is also fine for me.
  10. K

Avaya 4850GTS 48 port Layer 3 POE+ switch $70 with free shipping

I got one a while ago. It's quite loud (but that may be one of the fans failing) and draws around 100 W idle with no devices connected Mine came with only one PSU and a blank in the second slot. No alarms. Btw the firmware upgrades are a pain on this one, as Avaya doesn't provide the images...
  11. K

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Sorry for the really late reply. I've finally found some time to take that t620 down and measure the screw. The part that goes under the m.2 drive is 1.3mm thick. I'm not sure if they make any washers/spacers with this thickness but if you find one please let us know. EDIT: I've created a 3D...
  12. K

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

I can check it sometime next week. The t620 is a key part of my production network atm and I really don't want to take it down before I receive parts needed to get my main host back up.
  13. K

Yeah, you'd probably need a couple of them depending on the thickness, but that sounds like a reasonable workaround
  14. K

I glandec quickly through this thread so I'm sorry if someone has already posted this and I've missed it. The actual screw for the M.2 slot it the same spawn of satan/pain in the arse overengineered part HP used in their Z Turbo Drive cards. Using a regular screw for mounting the drive bends...
  15. K

Avaya 4850GTS-PWR+ firmware recovery

Final update: I've figured it out! The switch is extremely picky about the firmware versions. The diag image I found is called 4000_56201_combodiag.bin and it contains version 5.6.2.1, but the bootloader installed on the switch was version 5.6.0.8. When trying to install the diag image it kept...
  16. K

Thanks. I've tried to create an account there yesterday but it seems that they're manually verifying each user. I'm not sure if I'm worthy enough to be approved. EDIT: yeah, I'm not getting an account there. My switch was already assigned to whoever owned it before and I'd need a copy of the PO...
  17. K

Hello. I've picked up an Avaya 4850GTS-PWR+ which wouldn't boot due to a failed firmware upgrade. I was hoping that it would be a simple case of downloading a new firmware package and uploading it, but it seems that the official download site is long gone/behind a paywall. I was able to find...