Search results

1. B

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

4.18.11M is the latest for that switch. This very thread has a helpful summarized post to that effect.
  2. B

Looking for a cheap 100G network switch

Cheap? Mikrotik. A Mellanox SNxxxx would likely be the best performance/$ option, depending upon how many ports you need, though. See the tips ‘n tricks thread for more on those. Arista is my personal favorite, but they’re more power hungry (assuming that matters to you).
  3. B

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

A web search for “arista service unsupported-transceiver” will provide what you need.
  4. B

Flashing the Cisco CX623106A NIC to OEM firmware

The appropriate way to say that is along the lines of: “as of MFT version XYZ, mst start is no longer necessary.” I provided the environment details to avoid exactly that sort of future visitor sharpshooting BS.
  5. B

Flashing the Cisco CX623106A NIC to OEM firmware

I wrote exactly what was required for a successful flash. You‘re welcome to a refund for what you paid for the information. Good luck.
  6. B

10SDV-TP8F priced to move

I’ll take it. PM incoming.
  7. B

10SDV-TP8F priced to move

I could use a spare. Where are you located?
  8. B

H12SSL-I Stuck at "bmc initiating"

This is more fun than complaining about the board on the internet, for sure.
  9. B

How can I connect a QSFP28 card to RJ45-based network equipment?

No, use something like this in the port: https://www.fs.com/products/72588.html You don’t need a breakout cable if only a single lane is needed.
  10. B

How can I connect a QSFP28 card to RJ45-based network equipment?

QSFP (quad) to SFP is purely passive and mechanical: a four lane signaling interface is reduced to a single lane. There’s nothing complicated about it. SFP to RJ45 is an active conversion, but the source of the single lane is irrelevant. Assuming there isn’t any transceiver vendor ID...
  11. B

Full IP tables budget routers

There's no license required on the device, no, just an EOS version from that last decade or so. ;)
  12. B

No, the TCAM with the internet FlexRoute policy can store up to 1.2M IPv4 prefixes on the original 7280R. ETA: Here’s one source for that number Arista Community ETA The Second: You’re not wrong about the lifetime of this hardware, though. There’s a reason it‘s available at the price it is.
  13. B

That's going to depend on how well FlexRoute works with your peering relationships, but with a 32 bit image (don't use 64 bit EOS on an 8GB 7280R!) 2-3 tables from distinct neighbors is within the realm of possibility. These platforms are cheap because 1) 10GBASE-T is going the way of the Dodo...
  14. B

H12SSL-I and sensors

No, this is a desktop machine sitting on the desk next to me. The ambient temperature is approximately 23C.
  15. B

H12SSL-I and sensors

That does seem high. Here's a machine I have sitting here in my office with a H12SSL-i and 7B13 in it: nvme-pci-0100 Adapter: PCI adapter Composite: +37.9°C (low = -20.1°C, high = +89.8°C) (crit = +94.8°C) k10temp-pci-00c3 Adapter: PCI adapter Tctl: +33.0°C...
  16. B

You might look at a CCR from Mikrotik then.
  17. B

What does "budget" mean to you? An Arista 7280TR might do for you.
  18. B

15.34TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSDs $1K?

You're on STH. You still would have. :P
  19. B

SFP+ to QSFP+ switch upgrade, sailing in new waters, need some navigation.

Don’t bother with the Intel tax. Buy Mellanox. Mikrotik switches will work with just about any transceiver or DAC.