Search results

1. W

Can't get Truenas to boot off USB on UEFI BIOS

I'm stumped on what I am doing wrong. I wanted to try Truenas on a newer machine. It is an HP Elitedesk 800 G3. I can't get it to boot off my USB drive, and I can't get the BIOS to stay in legacy mode. I've tried using Rufus and Balena Etcher to make a 12.0-U8 USB drive. Tried the drive in...
  2. W

Dell Poweredge R730 & Rack 7910 Riser GPU power pinout question

Been getting ready to mess around with a Poweredge R730 and Rack 7910 today. I was verifying the pinouts on the riser and found something odd. Sense pin B appears to be putting out -3.3V. The official Dell power cable has a jumper wire going between sense pin A to sense pin B. This wiring...
  3. W

Toying around with the Lenovo M600 tiny as a NAS

I was kinda bored and wanted to build an abnormal config for a Truenas box. I didn't have the right parts on hand so I just slapped something together with what I had. Currently it has a Pentium N3700, 8GB DDR3, 480GB Intel SSD, and a flash drive for the boot drive. I wanted to throw in an...
  4. W

The used space in my pool is shrinking, but I don't know why.

So my googling skills aren't good enough to find an answer it seems. I have noticed my used capacity on my pool keeps shrinking. From the 1st to the 9th my Windows reported used space went from 875GB down to 756GB. I compared my backup machine that the replication task sends files to and it...
  5. W

Looking for advice on running unsupported Truenas configs

So I am trying to consolidate my lab into one device. I currently have a Dell R720, Dell R520, and a custom build server I am running. The R720 is my main server. The R520 is supposed to be my bulk storage, but I haven't used it since I put it together. The custom build server was supposed to...
  6. W

I dun goofed (Broke a Dell Z9100-ON 100Gbps switch)

I was trying to restore factory defaults on a Dell Z9100-ON switch. I should have known I was in way over my head though. I messed up the boot order by going into the ONIE boot menu then selected ONIE rescue in the hopes of defaulting it. I didn't go any further realizing I didn't understand...