Search results

1. Spearfoot

Asking a small favor from any SAS SSD owners on the forum

I want to reliably identify SAS SSD drives in shell scripts, but I don't own any to test with. So I'm asking my fellow enthusiasts here on STH to post the smartctl 'INFORMATION SECTION' output from a SAS SSD: smartctl -i /dev/'x' The output from SAS hard drives shows a rotation rate and a...
  2. Spearfoot

Misadventures with LSI SAS3008 cards

This Spring I bought 3 of Supermicro's AOC-S3008L-L8e cards, with the idea of upgrading the 3 LSI SAS 9210-8i HBAs in my main X9DRi-LN4F+-based FreeNAS server. These should just be a 'drop-in' upgrade, right? Wrong! I got all kinds of errors, like this:(da2:mpr0:0:0:0): READ(10). CDB: 28 00 e8...
  3. Spearfoot

Supermicro CSE-835TQ-R800B case, new for $299 + shipping

Just bought a Supermicro CSE-835TQ-R800B chassis for $299 + $69.92 shipping. Unit is new-in-the-box, with rails and all standard SKU accessories. The seller also lists these on eBay, but shipping is much higher there, for some reason, and eBay charges State sales tax. Seller is TECHYPARTS...
  4. Spearfoot

Brocade RPS16-E 1000W PoE power supply for ICX7450/6610 - Rev "C"

Just purchased two of these quieter -- and therefore highly desirable -- "Rev C" power supplies for my ICX-6610. These are the "Front to Rear" airflow versions. I'd messaged the seller last week to verify they were indeed the "Rev C" versions, and he replied: "How many of the Rev C were you...
  5. Spearfoot

Micron memory compatibility question for SuperMicro server

I recently purchased a SuperMicro SYS-5028D-TN4T system, equipped with 64GB of Micron RAM, SKU # MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 I would like to buy two add'l sticks of RAM and max out the memory on this system. On eBay I have found Micron RAM sticks with SKU # MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1, for a very reasonable...