Search results

1. W

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

In case you guys were wondering, I seem to have fixed my ICX 7250-24 temps by adding a 60mm fan (Sunon MF60101V3-1000U-A99) on the ASIC (blowing down), restoring the stock exhaust fan, and relegating it to a closet where I won't hear the stock fan I was able to wire both in the same header...
  2. W

Woa, just checked this out. This is pretty wild. So basically replace the case cover with a piece of acrylic and you cut a hole in the acrylic to plop a larger fan on top. Pretty cool idea--I might consider it if I can't get things where I want within the existing case.
  3. W

Thanks tubs-ffm. I actually just placed an order for that exact fan yesterday. Thoughts on pointing it down vs up? I was leaning towards up, but can test it pretty easily. Right now, I actually have a 40mm fan sitting on the ASIC heatsink with the case open and it stays below 65. Hopefully...
  4. W

I'm going to test temps again today with the stock fan to see if that makes a big difference. As far as a fan on the ASIC itself, I had seen someone suggest this: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Sunon/MF60101V3-1000U-A99?qs=EU6FO9ffTwekSIQ43CVQVg== I'm guessing you'd point it up, but...
  5. W

And now for a second question as I get further along in the process here with my ICX 7250-24. Is the temp reported in show chassis accurate? This seems way hotter than it should be with nothing connected and no PoE: The stack unit 1 chassis info: Power supply 1 (AC - Regular) present...
  6. W

Hey Wolfcastle. So I had actually tried this before (then using the update_primary command after removing the temp IP) and no dice--same error. This time, I tried it again and did "reset" instead and now it's working. Bizarre. But thanks for the message--got me to go back and try this again!
  7. W

Hey guys, I'm brand new to enterprise switches and was able to snag an ICX 7250-24 off ebay recently. Running through the setup today with fohdeesha's guide and this is what I'm running into. I think this was the second time running through the steps because I thought I missed something...