Search results

1. T

Switch recommendation for 10GB home network

Hi everyone, I am planning to expand my home network and move it (or at least parts of it) to 10 GB. Currently, I have the following setup: 1. Laundry room: in-wall media enclosure (see picture here): Modem (Spectrum) Switch (Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P) Router (AliExpress mini PC) running pfSense...
  2. T

PCIe lane math - Transition to SSD/NVMe NAS - how to best use existing hardware

Hi, I am currently running Proxmox on the following hardware: Motherboard: AsRock Rack EPC612D4U (ASRock Rack > EPC612D4U) CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2640 v3 (Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2640 v3 (20M Cache, 2.60 GHz) Product Specifications)) PCIe Add-on card for NVMe drives: Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 PCIe...
  3. T

Proxmox (v7.1-10) passthrough problem (LSI3008 SAS controller to TrueNAS Core)

Hi everyone, I am new to proxmox. I got it installed and installed TrueNAS as well as a few containers for Docker. I have an on-board LSI 3008 SAS controller on my Asrock Rack EPC612D4U-8R board that I flashed into IT mode. I connected two SATA drives to it to test. Now, the "only" thing missing...
  4. T

How to flash LSI 3008 on Asrock Rack EPC612D4U-8R into IT mode?

Hi everyone, I just dipped my toe into the homelab / homeserver world and replaced my QNAP. I bought and installed the Asrock Rack EPC612D4U-8R board that comes with an LSI 3008 storage controller. As I installed proxmox and TrueNAS on my server, I would like to connect my existing SATA drives...
  5. T

Motherboard for Xeon E5-2640V4 (LGA2011-3 socket) recommendations

Hi everyone, I am in the process of building a home server and settled on the Xeon E5-2640v4, which seems to have a good balance of cores, clock speed, PCIe lanes, TDE etc. Unfortunately it seems there are not a ton of boards on the market (at least not from the usual suspects SuperMicro and...
  6. T

Feedback on home server built for NAS, VMs, Docker

Hi everyone, I will be moving from QNAP to a DIY home server build and I am in the process of choosing the components, which seems to be very easy, as there is not a lot of choices available.... My planned setup is: Proxmox as hypervisor TrueNAS virtualized Windows 10/11 virtualized (used maybe...