Search results

1. R

X10SRL-F dead? help please

Interesting, thanks. It's doubtful that would be a user serviceable item for this particular user. :-)
  2. R

Upon applying power to the board (and with an ethernet cable in the IPMI port) LE2 onboard power LED is steady green CPU fan goes to 100% lots of blinking yellow/green lights on the IPMI ethernet interface LEDM1 - BMC heartbeat never comes on, never even blinks. No post beeps of any kind No...
  3. R

Oracle Solaris 11.4

Any thoughts on the new 11.4 CBE? Worth it to upgrade to it from Omni-OS 151038? <--- dumb question removed. :-) cant import media pool on S11.4 (tested it)
  4. R

Thanks for that tip. I have the mobo out of the case at the moment and the UID SW is free and clear. I've toggled it many times and upon power-up the UID LED is off.
  5. R

I do not recall at this point. I use a pc type power supply and I'm pretty sure I had toggled it off on the back switch. Can't say 100% there was no BMC standby power when card was installed or removed. Is that a known issue with possibly corrupting the BMC or something in this case?
  6. R

yes, tried that too.
  7. R

Yes, just tried that thanks for the idea. No joy.
  8. R

Hi any help would be appreciated. I was trying out a cheap nvme card in pci slot 1 and when I powered on the system all fans go to 100%, power LED on mobo is on but no flashing green BMC light. The BMC ethernet cable is flashing on the switch. I get no video output (although the video hasn't...
  9. R

Supermicro X9SCM-F and I3-2120

I'm about to list a X9SCM-F with an i3 quad core and 32GB ram. rock solid for years. Shoot me an offer if you are interested.
  10. R

Omni OS Replication

Necropost alert but it bugs me your question wasn't answered... I ran into this looking for help for SMB woes on r151038. Thank you! I have an Intel X540-T1 in my NAS running omnios-r151038 on a SuperMicro X9SCM-F mobo. Pulling my hair out trying to get SMB to break 100MB/sec when copying...
  11. R

OmniOS (actually, general zfs raidz1 dumb question)

Ah I get it, yeah I just discovered it was possible after my annual omniOS update. Just seems it could come in handy in a few situations.
  12. R

Seems like it can now? omnios-r151038 shows a new zfs feature (at least I haven't seen it before): device_removal Top-level vdevs can be removed, reducing logical pool size. I decided to test it on a small test pool and it seems to work great. Starting config: root:/# df -h /test...
  13. R

Thank you. After having used the 2 (or 3) raidz1 vdev configuration for years now I'm quite looking forward to a much easier to manage config of multi mirror. Also going to be nice being able to zpool remove a vdev of data if need be. " zpool remove [-np] pool device... Removes...
  14. R

Hi all. I've been reading at length here about raidz1 vs multiple mirrored vdevs and I'm tired of the mediocre performance I'm seeing when writing to this pool. I've read more vdevs = better write performance. I'm in the process of backing up nearly 30TB and nearly ready to reconfig this...