Search results

1. Z

150 IP Camera Server Set Up - DL380 G9

Thank you everyone who has helped me so far. I really appreciate it! @dandanio I agree I am in over my head a bit, but I’m learning more everyday. We all start somewhere. I was able to get the LAPs connected and working. On to the next step!
  2. Z

Hello everyone. Thank you all for your advice so far. I bought a DL380 G9 with a E5-2697 v3 CPU with 16gb ram. I installed Ubuntu 18.04 and have Zoneminder running with two cameras and am continuing to test it as times goes. It's running fairly well so far. My real issue is getting the...
  3. Z

Hmm. You've really given me a lot to think about and research. Thank you for making me aware of this issue. I would have been very annoyed if it didn't work well after all this work. thank you for your thorough reply as well!
  4. Z

The old Amcrest cams don't say anything about ONVIF, but they can do RTSP according to the manual. ZoneMinder can use RTSP according go the docs. Hopefully I'll be able to get something to work nicely through the old DVR boxes. What is the best way to hook up 4-6 monitors to a HPE DL380 G9...
  5. Z

I don't have any problem paying $4.99 for the zmNinja mobile app as long as it works well. I'll look into the desktop version as well. Thanks!
  6. Z

I have a 4, 8, and 16 camera systems with the old Amcrest DVR units. Looking at the 16 camera view (I can also change to the 24 cam view) on a small monitor is ok for me. When I want to research something I pull up the larger view if needed. I'm planning to use large monitors. Maybe 40-50"...
  7. Z

Well this doesn't make me feel good. So it's extremely unlikely I'll be able to reliably view live streams from all 150 cams simultaneously on a few monitors connected to the server? From what I read on the ZoneMinder forums, 1 core will run 4 cameras. 150 cams / 4 = 37.5 cores for all of them...
  8. Z

Thank you for the suggestions. I took a look at some of those and when selecting set ups with similar specs, the prices seemed quite close, but had less ability to add RAM and HDDs. Is there a benefit to a workstation? Quieter fans? They seem to be updating the software ocassionally. 1.36.0 was...
  9. Z

I did some more looking on eBay and your estimate seems to be right. Thank you! I have about 32tb of 3.5" western digital drives that are empty now and I don't want to buy new ones. I'd say 4-12 drive bays? In general the more hard drive space, the better. I don't see why I should have a...
  10. Z

Do you have a different server recommendation? I'm totally new and will take any advice! Thank you! According to the ZoneMinder docs, more cores and more RAM help for motion detection and keeping things running smoothly with more cameras. This server can accept huge amounts RAM, hard drives...
  11. Z

Thank you for your reply! I’m planning to use ANPVIZ 3mp cameras at 2-3fps, with H.264, with 24/7 recording and selected motion detection. From my understanding, this set up is on the lower side of intensity, but it can add up with lots of cameras. Just a few more questions: - Can I take my...
  12. Z

Hello all. I’m extremely new to servers and server hardware. I’m working to build an IP camera security system using ZoneMinder on Ubuntu 18.04 desktop. Eventually I’ll have 125-150 cameras spread across 8-10 buildings with ubiquiti Ethernet bridges. I’m looking to buy some hardware that can be...