Search results

1. K

Fixed package error for Solaris 11.4 CBE

Just thought I would leave this fix here for the internet. I ran into an issue with Solaris 11.4 CBE where none of the packages would update or install from the default repository. Someone at Oracle changed something and the default package repository moved. Example Error to help google...
  2. K

Cheap optical QSFP 56 Infiniband cables Guide

Frist post here so I thought I would start by helping others. Ok, so you know the cheap optical QSFP transceivers on eBay, Well it turns out you can use them. First you need a MPO cable to use, and as a warning, they are not the cheapest things so be very careful when following this guide...
  3. K

Need help outfiting a Dell M910

I recently purchased a Dell M910 barebones blade server and was wondering what the most cost effective method of outfitting it for video compression using handbrake and running low memory and cpu usage vm's on Hyper-v. The operating system I will be using is Windows Server 2012R2 Datacenter...
  4. K

Need Help finding a 4p Xeon E5 v1/v2 motherboard

I need help finding a motherboard that can handle 4 2011 Xeons. The CPUs I have are ES E7 4640s. I would prefer the price be below $700 Second hand would also be fine.