Search results

1. R

Seagate X22 20TB $219 Renewed

Datasheets for everyone's easy clickin and crossreference x20 https://www.seagate.com/content/dam/seagate/migrated-assets/www-content/datasheets/pdfs/exos-x20-channel-DS2080-2111US-en_US.pdf x22...
  2. R

Seagate X22 20TB $219 Renewed

Upon a full review, I suspect they may be considering a rebranding, and Seagate might be shedding these drives. Crazy, but might boost overall sales vs the competition. See: X24 (which I didn't know about before today): https://www.seagate.com/products/enterprise-drives/exos-x/x24/ X22...
  3. R

EXPIRED 1.5TB P4800X $300

Intel looked me up themselves and denied my claim, unfortunately. Paperweight/just for parts no return. I might toy with it some more, and I looked for disconnected caps but didn't see anything. Edit: I already had my refund.
  4. R

AM5 B650 2U Rack Workstation - seeking components! "El Finito"

Yeah, I'm already using an X10 platform for Unraid, and a x11-equiv Dell R640 for further virtualization (usually off - see average 400w). Anime, Plex, and long-delayed plans to transcode footage I want to archive into a smaller size. The B650 platform will also work significantly better for...
  5. R

Correct, I won't if I'm sticking to just the four out of the box on a B650. I have two PCIe 3.0 x8 storage cards though - the Optane and a now-unused Samsung/Oracle F320 I was hoping to have host the OS. I'll probably do the Sammy since it's got capacity. I also have unused U.2 drives. I'm...
  6. R

I agree with you on the PSU and power thoughts. I'm purchasing higher because it's not much pricier, and supports future expansion - say a full-fat video card. I'm going for generally efficient, but not no-holds-barred - I should have known with this community hahaha. Since it's a utility and...
  7. R

They asked me for Proof of Purchase. @mpepper What did you do?
  8. R

Hi! I'm a pretty experienced system builder looking to replace my aging Kaby Lake Xeon with AMD 7000/8000 generation. I plan to use this as my new primary utility and jump box. I'd like to get any input on specific part selections you'd recommend. Energy efficiency is top of mind, but due to...
  9. R

Samsung/Oracle F320 3.2TB NVME AIC $209.99 OBO

No. I took a very long time coming back to this because it wound up not happening. Until some other switcharoos just occured! I popped the F320 (firmware KPYAIR3Q, DM me if you have newer please) in the Lenovo P320 SFF, and got a 3 short 1 long beep code. No love. I'm a little confused as to...
  10. R

Same. Got my refund now, and that equates to a positive review for this guy. Does honest (hesitant benefit of the doubt...) business and doesn't fight you on making it right. I'm very glad you mentioned your refund experience because I hate having to go through all that just to ship it back again.
  11. R

Mine was DOA as well, and again on the no antistatic protection. Short or malfunctioning. Lenovo wouldn't even boot with it - beep code was 3 short 1 long, which is memory but w/e. AMD platform didn't see it, Supermicro didn't see it either. It had experienced numerous bangs on the BOTTOM...
  12. R

And thank you good sir! Fingers crossed for us! Sold out.
  13. R

Ryzen AM5 boards with IPMI

I'm refining my wish list right now, and trying to talk myself into waiting for Ryzen next-gen. 2U - easier expansion (and occasionally, Dremeling) 2U - 80MM fans are quieter and perhaps more energy efficient Need to fit a next-gen Intel GPU for AI+video tasks. HHFL is usually available, and...
  14. R

Thanks a bunch! This is actually reassuring. While those are definitely beefier units, I'm suspecting this may actually help in my ...case... since my airflow will also be front to back, but I have less places for the air to go. It's a similar path, but with my SSD in the top slot without a...
  15. R

@DarthCirrus Would you mind sharing what workstation? I'm considering putting this in a Lenovo P320 SFF to replace the SM961 (down to health 80%), but I've added a front 80mm Noctua fan, replacing the meh factory fan. I suppose I'll also be adding validation true/false if this can be used as a...
  16. R

Intel 100GB 100SWE48QF2, $750

They may also speak Belter, but yes probably not Ethernet.
  17. R

EXPIRED ES intel Optane P4800X 750GB $450 on ebay, 2 available

Thank you Nate, I really appreciate your professional insight! Optane and its potential for low latency use cases has really fascinated me since it's initial release. Though admittedly some of that was an unhealthy fascination with optimizing Plex loading times. :p
  18. R

First cache pool is the write tolerant Optane 750 GB with ~30 DWPD or better - IDK the figures off the top of my head.. Second pool for overflow is a much less write tolerant Nytro 1.6 TB with 3 DWPD. Then it hits the main storage - 100ish TB of spinning rust. By doing this I can use the...
  19. R

I scored the other. I disagree on that pricing post - I can't find these for less than 1K for retail new for any variant, and this particular variant tends to be around 2300-2800 at first google. This will be chia / first pool for unraid, backed by a larger nytro 3531.