Search results

1. B

WTB: quantity 3 LSI 9400-8i8e cards ...

Let me know if you have any of these ... thanks.
  2. B

LSI 9400-8i8e/8i firmware selection: Mixed vs SAS/SATA

Hello, I am shifting from 9300 series cards into 9400 series cards and formerly I was given the choice of IT and IR firmware. I'm using these HBAs to connect to JBODs and running zfs so I was using the IT firmware, not doing any hardware RAID. With the 9400 series (P22 update) these options...
  3. B

Looking for LSI 9400-8i8e under any other name ? Even reflashed IT ?

What we actually need are LSI 9400-8i8e cards. They appear to be impossible to source - perhaps too old ? One option is to buy an OEM card - I think the lenovo 940-8i8e is the same part ? Is there also a Dell or adaptec version of this same card ? Is there another option ? If I overpay for...
  4. B

Am I making a mistake trying to standardize on LGA-4189 (supermicro x12dpi-nt6) ? Is it too old or too new ?

Spent a TON of time and energy researching and spec'ing ... and we decided that the perfect motherboard to roll out for the next few years would be: supermicro x12dpi-nt6 (3rd gen xeon - Dual Socket LGA-4189) ... but it's impossible to find. Some places *say* they have it but they are just...
  5. B

Where can I source Celestica JBODs other than IXSystems ?

You know that cute trick that every boring vendor eventually tries to pull ? Where they want to sell you "solutions" instead of parts ? IXSystems is pulling that now. They won't let us buy empty JBODs - they want to sell us hard drives at 50% premium. So anyway ... Where can I buy a...
  6. B

Help me choose the correct SC216 variant ... 2U / 26 drive Supermicro chassis ...

Hello, We would like a 2U chassis with the 24+2 drive slots. We also need 7x half-height low-profile slots. Finally, we are using plain old sata3 2.5" SSDs for ZFS L2ARC and SLOG, etc., so we need the ports to accept *both* SATA and SAS. So I THINK that the correct variant for us is...
  7. B

Do I need to move on from my X10DRH-iT deployments ?

We have deployed a lot of X10DRH-iT motherboards out in the world ... the things we like the most about this board are: - has a single onboard SFF-8087 that we can connect straight to backplane for first four drives - dual 10gb NICs with good FreeBSD (ix) driver support - 7 PCIe slots We are...