Search results

1. G

PCIE 4.0 U.2 Adapter

I've been able to find quite a few PCIE 3.0 caddys and adapters; has anyone seen any similar products for 4.0 drives? Is the wiring in something like StarTech.com U.2 to PCIe Adapter for 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSD - x4 PCI Express 3.0 Model PEX4SFF8639 - Newegg.com or StarTech.com x4 PCI Express to...
  2. G

libvma with cephadm osds?

Anyone gotten this working? I'm able to inject the library but when I modify the unit file the OSD never connects to the cluster.
  3. G

StarWind NVMEof Initiator

Has anyone used it? Any thoughts? I'm looking to try it out in my home lab; everything is connected up with CX4-LXs and I've proved out NVMEof with zvol backing from a Linux guest but now I'd like to add some physical windows boxes with targets on my storage infrastructure. Other notes: they...
  4. G

5G Cellular and pfSense

Any suggestions for cell modems that work well with pfSense? USB or PCI-E; strong preference for 5G on US bands. This is meant as a backup link for a cable modem.
  5. G

Intel QAT Cards

I'm not throughput limited but I've considered picking one up just for the experience of working with one in the homelab. Does anyone have any experience with these, any pitfalls or issues? Before spending the $ on ebay I'd like to know: Will samba's gnutls integration offload to the card? Has...
  6. G

Mellanox CX4LX - 50GBE MCX4131A-GCAT

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174732706237?hash=item28aee181bd:g:rXoAAOSwSddgd5R1 A bit high but lots of stock. Have one inbound; will report back next week.
  7. G

Connectx-7 Datasheet

Stumbled on this today while searching for ASAP2 info; I hadn't seen anything about these cards being announced yet! https://www.nvidia.com/content/dam/en-zz/Solutions/networking/ethernet-adapters/connectx-7-datasheet-Final.pdf
  8. G

Looking for old versions of Mellanox VMA

I've got the current version running on some CX4s and it's made a significant difference; unfortunately I've got a few old CX2s in the home lab and I'm looking for a version of VMA old enough to support those. Hoping someone here can help; hw details below. description: Ethernet...
  9. G

SMB Signing - A Tale

This is a bit of a longer narrative involving Samba serving files to Windows clients. Once upon a time in the homelab I setup a samba server. Files went in; files went out and everybody was wired up at 1gbps or hanging off wifi. Life was good. In the fullness of time various clients were used...
  10. G

Samba io_uring VFS module

Has anyone used io_uring in their vfs configuration? Have you noticed any change in performance? I've been unable to find any benchmarks.
  11. G

Thoughts on Openflow at Home?

I've recently acquired an ICX7250 for the home lab and have long been intrigued by openflow; while writing ACLs this week I was struck by the duplication and have started looking at faucet.nz. I'd like to centralize and simplify switch configs and the YAML appeals to me; in addition to the 7250...
  12. G

EXPIRED Brocade ICX-7250P

Found this perusing ebay last night; I've got one on the way and will update with results. https://www.ebay.com/itm/384110824901?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649