StarWind NVMEof Initiator

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gerby

SREious Engineer
Apr 3, 2021
Has anyone used it? Any thoughts? I'm looking to try it out in my home lab; everything is connected up with CX4-LXs and I've proved out NVMEof with zvol backing from a Linux guest but now I'd like to add some physical windows boxes with targets on my storage infrastructure.

Other notes: they don't accept "free" email providers like gmail for the free download and I'm leery of mixing work and personal communications I suppose I'll need to email sales or spin up a domain?

LaMerk

Jun 13, 2017
I used NVMe-of initiator to connect PureStorage targets. It works, the IOPS is significant better compared to iSCSI. The interface might be confusing, because Windows shows NVMe-Targets as iSCSI-Targets in Initiator, but it doesn’t affect the performance. Multipathing , TCP, RDMA are supported (I used RDMA only). I think only Starwind has solution, which allows NVMe-of in Windows. By the way what NVMe-of target do you use?

Regarding downloading – it will be easier to connect sales person or support. I used my corp e-mail, that’s why the were no issues.

Reactions: NateS and gerby