Search results

1. vanfawx

Mikrotik CVE CVE-2018-14847 being abused in the wild

A couple of components in the management interface (Winbox and Webfig) are being exploited in RouterOS. I'm sure everyone here is up-to-date, but still a good read. Article here.
  2. vanfawx

Anyone happen to have a LSI 9205-8e IT mode firmware bundle?

So I ended up with a HP221 that turns out not to be a 9207-8e like it says on the back of the card, but rather a 9205-8e. Unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding a IT firmware bundle for this card. Am I SOL? Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!
  3. vanfawx

ZFSonLinux QAT acceleration in 0.7.0

Posting this here in the hopes that Patrick will notice this. With the release of ZoL 0.7.0, it is now possible to offload GZIP compression in ZFS to a QAT card. Unfortunately I do not have access to any of these, and it would be amazing to see how well it works. Here's the closed pull...
  4. vanfawx

Canada WTB CSE-PTJBOD-CB1/2/3

Anyone in Canada have one for sale? It seems like the CB1 and CB2's no longer exist, and the CB3's cost $175. Also, if anyone outside of Canada has one, and shipping won't be more than the cost of the board, please let me know! Thanks in advance to anyone able to help.
  5. vanfawx

Question about Dell C6100 and C6105 sleds

This question was asked here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/can-a-c6100-sled-and-server-fit-into-a-c6105-dcs6005-chassis.4191/ But no one answered. Is it possible to mix sleds in a C6100/C6105 chassis? We have 6 C6105's and 4 C6100's and mixing the sleds would be extremely...
  6. vanfawx

Intel NVMe 750 400GB AIC - Performance on kernel 4.1.5 with blk_mq

Just wanted to throw this out there. I did some testing of the AIC version of the 750's. I managed to get more IOPS than expected on a new kernel with blk_mq enabled. All tests were done with fio against the raw block device (I can share the FIO settings if anyone cares). This is on a Dell R430...
  7. vanfawx

ZeusIOPS 18GB SATA - Specs?

Hey Everyone! I was digging through a box of spare parts at work and found a brand new ZeusIOPS 18GB SATA 3.5" SLC drive (and 2 more in an old sun 7210 we've taken out of service). I've been trying to find a spec sheet on these things. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've seen...