Search results

1. R

H12SSL- 7232p No video, IPMI (seems to be) working

Oh gotcha, Udimm was a typo. I ordered an rdimm. It's a production unit, at least it has the production label/etching on it, but I got it on 2nd hand on ebay...
  2. R

OK- I have all those things. I never even saw fan2 there behind the 24 pin, but that's where I have it connected now and it's the same. The only exception is I have just been using a screwdriver to short the pins to power it on...doesn't seem like that would be the issue though. I ordered a...
  3. R

Ok that makes sense that the BMC isn't updating correctly. It actually says 7262 when I have a 7232p installed, and it shows all 8 DIMM slots populated and I only have one (for now). Also it shows 2933, the one dimm I have is 3200- although that could be a BIOS setting (If I can ever get into...
  4. R

One other thing, I have this setup on a test bench with an acrylic back piece. Is it possible that the mobo is trying to get a ground through one of the stand-offs? If so, does anyone know which screw, and could I simply tie a ground wire from that screw to a screw on the power supply? That...
  5. R

Thanks! Mine looks slightly different, but I did do a BMC reset. Everything seems the same. Here is what I see. I don't see a tab on the left for iKVM, and under remote control there is only iKVM reset. I'm guessing this is related to the same issue of why the RGB output isn't working. I...
  6. R

Hey All- Recently put together an h12SSL-i for a new server. I couldn't get any video out of it, but LE1 and Heartbeat both looking fine. So I connected to IPMI and it seems to be working, it correctly recognizes the processor, but also seems to think there are 8 32gb dimms installed when...
  7. R

NAS overhaul for SMB Direct

Thanks, good to know. I'm going to have to play with Primocache as well then when all these parts get in.
  8. R

NAS overhaul for SMB Direct

Does anyone know if primocache can be used with RDMA?
  9. R

100GbE small server to 3-4 workstation, no switch?

Just wanted to post back to the thread that I found the problem, it won't work in 20H2. I had installed that thinking that it would be best to be up to current with the 5950x, but everything is working after a rollback.
  10. R

I'm still struggling to get this working consistently, I got it up, mapped a network drive, but then tried to make that with admin privileges, and now the network drive remains and works (although it doesn't appear to have admin), but the workstation no longer sees the server under...
  11. R

Ok thanks, I'll try that, the connection between the two computers was working when I plugged them both into my 10g network (with switch/DHCP), so I didn't even think about workgroup/domain settings. Just trying to get two W10 Pro machines talking to each other now... Apologies for my...
  12. R

Awesome, well they see each other now. But I seem to be stuck in some sort of endless permissions/credentials loop. Both computers can ping each other, the workstation can see the server, and access another folder I shared on it, but not the drive I'm trying to share. The server doesn't see...
  13. R

Hello all- I got the 764284-B21 cards and a 10/40 VPI/FDR qsfp+ cable (also Mellanox brand). They both pop up with the HPE drivers in win 10, but show as Mellanox 5.5 in info. Right now I'm just trying to get them working without RDMA, for the moment my 'server' is a X299 Pro that doesn't...
  14. R

Thanks everyone- It's a little confusing, but it looks like a HPE 764284-B21 is CX3Pro (right?), And available at reasonable prices. I see some on ebay for $30...The actually branded FCCT is high enough price wise that I would probably opt for CX4 over it. And then is it necessary to flash...
  15. R

Yeah, once I realized that this was a feature of RDMA, it went from "do I really need that?" to "Ok, this is a no brainer". So if I'm understanding correctly, CX3 Pro or newer would be the way to go for sure. With the 3Pro, we could get 56gbps configured as IB (trickier?) Or 40gbps with...
  16. R

Ok awesome, thanks. Bit by bit I'm getting up to speed here. At first I thought Rand was talking about CX4 connectors, so that gives you an idea of how out of the loop I am. So these guys then...
  17. R

Doing some googling here...getting up to speed. So it looks like if the file server is running win server 2019 and the workstations are on windows 10 for workstations, the connection from the latter can use RDMA to the former. That's doable. So is this the type of 56g card you are...
  18. R

Hello Rand Thanks for the response. Yes I think 56G would be sufficient, although it seems there are more 100G QSFP28 cards on ebay available more cheaply (unless I'm missing something?). Also the quad u.2 array should be capable of somewhere around 10-12GB/s. The basic load on the server is...
  19. R

Hey All- Looking for some feedback on an idea I have. I'm looking to set up 3-4 workstations to have 100GbE access to a single server without a 100GbE switch by having 2 dual qsfp28 PCIe cards in the server and directly connecting all the workstations. The workstations do not need 100GbE...