Search results

1. T

JBOD upgrade advice

Hey, thanks, I appreciate the response. I think I am leaning towards #1 as it seems to be a cheaper option that fits the bill. The primary machine is a 7282 EPYC with H12SSL motherboard with a bunch of nvmes.
  2. T

JBOD upgrade advice

Hello! I have a 2U 826 supermicro with an BPN-SAS-826A backplane. I have 14 drives in it (12 in caddies and 2 internal) all wired directly into x10sdv-4c-7tp4f. I would like to switch this 826 to a JBOD and connect it to my primary server machine via external connection (I have a 9300-8e and a...
  3. T

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

I bought multiple times from them and had stuff shipped to Canada, they are quick and solid.
  4. T

X10SDV (mini & flex Atx), PCIe x4x4 bifurcation?

Yeah I boot efi (from msata, I could not get booting from builtin m2 nvme to work on this board), I tried all of them (legacy/disabled/efi) - doesn't seem to work :( I found this faq on SM site, which deals with the same issue on h11/h12 - I wonder if I need to do a similar thing, but sadly I...
  5. T

That option does not exist on 2.3 bios for x10sdv-4c-7tp4f Yeah, they are set to default.
  6. T

Heya! Yeah I am guessing it's smbus related; but I don't know which jumpers I need to move and to which settings, the manual says to get in touch with SM, but they are not replying :( Yeah tried samsung (970 evos), sx8200, crucial p3/p5, seems like it doesn't matter at all - they all show up...
  7. T

Sorry to necro this, I am running into the same issue with x10sdv-7tp4f, aoc-slg3-2m2 sees only one drive (random which one, but usually the first one; tried multiple drives, different brands). Happens in both of the x8 slots. Card is not faulty, I have two and they both exhibit the same...
  8. T

LOT OF 2 Supermicro PWS-920P-SQ $80 and free shipping

I bought a pair as well, but they haven't shipped yet.
  9. T

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Why can’t supermicro list compatible cpus, like asrock. I am trying to figure out if 12500T or 12600T is going to work in X13SAZ-F .
  10. T

Upgrade LSI 2116IT in X10SDV-4C-7TP4F to P20

I recently picked up a new X10SDV-4C-7TP4F which spent last 6 years sitting somewhere on a shelf (came with a dead CMOS battery) and ran into this issue while trying to update the old P19 firmware. I tried updating using official Broadcom 9201-16i firmware to P20, but that didn't work (I am...