Search results

1. R

SOLD(US-OH) 2x64GB DDR4 2933 (M393A8G40MB2-CVF)

Price reduced. Both for $175.
  2. R

Rackmount NAS Build Sanity Check

I have a Rosewill RSV-L4412U sitting in the basement. Never been used. Box has been opened to be sure everything was in there. Shipping from Ohio might make it cost prohibitive. I used the case in a server build a few years ago. It's still in my rack. I bought this for a second server but...
  3. R

The board is SuperMicro X11SPH-NCTF. The CPU is Intel Xeon Silver 4110. The Xeon Platinum will work with this ram and I believe the Gold does too (not 100% sure of that one). Out of my price-range though.
  4. R

You're not alone. We've had that discussion here several times. This mb and cpu just will not recognize the memory. It's documented in the manual as a very small footnote.
  5. R

I have two Samsung (M393A8G40MB2-CVF) 64GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Registered DDR4 2933 (PC4 23400) Server Memory Model MEM-DR464L-SL01-ER29. $150 each. Both for $250. Free shipping lower 48. Pay with Zelle. Purchased by mistake. My motherboard/CPU combo won't accept that fast memory.
  6. R

FS: 2x 64GB DDR4 ECC 2933 Memory

You can read about my problems with the memory not detected beep code from the mb on page 2 of this thread: My Mega Thread I'm gathering parts now for another server build using the same mb (except the new one will use SFP+) so providing nobody buys these sticks, I can try them again in the new...
  7. R

Here's the link on Newegg: Supermicro memory
  8. R

T The invoice says SuperMicro but there is a Samsung sticker on the stick. PC4 23400. The X11SPH mb won't run it. Positive. Won't boot.
  9. R

I bought these by mistake when I was building my server. The mb couldn't handle 2933. $500 for the two sticks. Shipping included. US only.
  10. R

My Home Server Farm

How do you vent the AC outside? I have a similar AC but don't use it because installing the vent in a window is a huge security hole in my house.
  11. R

Help with motherboard and CPU for new FreeNAS build

SAS Topology shows 3 SATA drives.
  12. R

Power is applied to right most bay. I'm going to get another power cable. I'm not comfortable with the strain trying to get the cable across bays. Here is a link to the photo you requested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocgzbbzxxbsau2r/IMG_4573.jpg?dl=0
  13. R

we assumed it came in IT mode but we never verified it. How do I check this and what do I do about it if it isn’t?
  14. R

I misspoke. Seeing them clear as can be. I plugged in two molex connectors for the middle bay. All 4 drives show in ESXi - and I see serial numbers. I swear I didn't see serial numbers when I was looking at the 3 drives that appeared in the right bay.
  15. R

I see letter/numbers but nothing corresponds to the serial numbers.
  16. R

I'll buy from EVGA if I need more (despite the convenience of Amazon). But right now I'm only using a single cable and it's the one that came with the PDU, and I'm still down a drive.
  17. R

Using the cable that came with the PSU that has 3 molex connectors, I used only 2 of them to plug into the right most drive bay. No other drive bays have power. I toggled the passthrough of all the spinners so I could see the drives in ESXi and not have to boot TN. ESXi shows 3 spinners. Is...
  18. R

I have two cables from the PSU to the drives, each cable has 3 molex and there are 6 power connectors across the drive bays. The two rear case fans take a molex and that is where my last molex power cable that came with the PSU went. IIRC, the PSU came with one cable with molex connectors...
  19. R

This is the page you want: RSV-L4412 - 4U Rackmount Server Case or Chassis, 12 SATA / SAS Hot-Swap Drives, 5 Cooling Fans Included - Rosewill